Why become a member? ×

customer service, Graph Tech, one in a million!!

adledman

i had to start a thread today to get in writing my immense joy and happiness that there is such a thing as customer care!
i have a graphtech ghost midi system fitted to my bass so its got the piezo bridge. i am having a bit of a change around of design so dismantled everything and to my horror i noticed i had severed the wires that go to the actual piezo saddle and there is no way whatsoever to repair them or join the wires back up. after lots of cursing and a bit of face palming i started to search the net to try and find an individual replacement saddle as 3/4`s of the bridge was still perfect. no such luck to my horror as the whole piezo bridge costs a tidy penny and i only needed the one small part. so i emailed graphtech and told them of my situation. i must admit i didnt really expect a reply as thats often been the case when contacting large companies about an item that is no longer in warranty but the next day i did indeed get an email from the support department informing me that the individual saddle was not a part available to purchase but an order had been created which would be dispatched shortly. i read that as they was going to send me an invoice for the individual saddle and i was rather happy but a little apprehensive of what it was going to cost as usa to uk is not the best way to buy something by a long shot! anyway fast forward to today and a letter arrives and inside is not one but TWO! replacement saddles and totally free of charge!

i am tempted to start saying things like "its restored my faith in humanity" but i wont because it hasnt but hats off to graphtech for being superb and making my day. its so refreshing to get sterling service from a company when there was no financial gain to be made and it was pure and simple care for a customer.

THANK YOU GRAPHTECH!!