Why become a member? ×

Headphone Amps + EQ

Dood

More as in what? The PJB Bighead has more than a rudimentary EQ as it has an aux in, USB audio interface and is rechargeable. Or are you talking more about tone shaping and overdrive? The Two Notes Le Bass sounds excellent with 2 switchable channels plus the ability to run them in parallel or series, plus a cab sim... But no aux in or batteries, so depends what you're after!

Thank you BassChat, your answers o my question are actually brilliant and spot on as usual. However, due to my slightly lazy attitude to typing last night and very possibly posting in the wrong forum, I've kinda asked the wrong question.

So, here's what I should have asked:

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Are there any decent (and preferably portable) headphone amps that offer more than a rudimentary EQ on board for the [i]global[/i] sound? Or to put it another way, I want to be able to 'EQ' everything going out to the headphones. This would include aux in, MP3 in and other instruments should the unit accept those inputs. Even better, would be the inclusion of a limiter too. - Like an IEM system without all the wireless gubbins. Something that can power high impedance cans as well as IEMs. Am I looking at a channel strip with a stereo headphone out?[/font][/color]

Just how portable are we talking?

Behringer XR12 (circa 250 quid if you shop around) is what is coming to my mind at the moment for all your processing needs in a pretty small package. Will give you all the control over your EQ, fx and dynamic (e.g. brick wall limiter if you want one and all compression in-between) that you'll need... and a 31 band eq on your output to tune to you output device.

You could even sack off your head and use an AUX from the XR12 to a power amp and that can become your bass rig. Much better tone shaping than your typical standard bass head. Use the other AUX (pre) for DI to FOH. Anyway, I digress.

If you wanted an extra from the headphone output, slave something like a dedicated Fiio headphone amp - but your 64s should be happy on the Behringer.