Why become a member? ×

TC Electronic BG250 Bass Drive too loud!

DK101

Hi all,

I've recently picked up a TC Electronic BG250-115 and I think it's great.

It's got two Toneprint channels, and I'm looking for one of them to be a drive channel. Just a little grit to add to punk numbers where I'm using a pick.

However, all the patches are drastically too loud. The single knob you get on the top of the combo controls the gain rather than the output or blend volume, so even if I have the knob completely off it still seems too loud compared to my clean sound..

Anybody had the same problem?

Hi,

You can download the Toneprint Editor from the TC website, I haven't tried it myself but I presume you can modify the effect and reduce the volume using the software.

Link is:
http://www.tcelectronic.com/toneprint-editor/support/

Also purchased the BG250-115 a couple of weeks ago and I can highly recommend it, load enough to shake your trousers, and I'm getting some wonderful tones just using the SpectraComp and Chorus.

Cheers

The first version BG250-115 had a dedicated Tube drive feature and one Tone print slot. The newer version did away with the dedicated drive channel opting instead for a second Tone Print slot. I guess the idea was that you could always load an overdrive Tone Print in to the second slot. FWIW I find the dedicated Tube Drive function much more useable. Dunno why they got rid of it.

Guest bassman7755

Might be worth considering an upgrade to an RH, has 3 presets with per preset volume level and of course you can use spetra comp and tubetone simultaneously (a modest amount of both is a killer combo IMO).

Edited by bassman7755