Why become a member? ×

Want to try a TC RH amp

LewisK1975

Hi all,

Is there anyone in the South Wales area with a TC RH750 / RH450 who'd let me have a go of it through my cabs and with my own Bass?

They seem to fit the bill for what I'm looking for sound-wise but as we all know, you never know until you try..

PMT in Cardiff offered to get one in for me to try out, but you have to pay a 10% deposit (refunded if you don't want to buy). I'd also feel a little cheeky turning up to a city centre store with my own bass and cab to try an amp out..

South Wales ideally but maybe Bristol-ish area could work too.

Massive thanks you fine people!! :i-m_so_happy:

Yeah I've heard those KXB heads are a bit of a gem - unfortunately out of production now though so wouldn't want to put myself through that (what if I really really liked it and couldn't get one?!?!), thanks for the offer tho!

The reason I'm looking at the TC RH heads is mainly because of the feature set - built in tuner, compressor, tubetone, semi-parametric eq etc..

My main problem with the PUMA is that it does't match my cabs frequency wise - the treble control is set at 8khz and my Barefaced super compacts only respond up to 4khz-ish so I was struggling for top end. Silly mistake on my part really - I ended up getting a preamp pedal to get the top end I needed amongst a few other pedals so I'm basically only using the PUMA as a power amp / DI, and have also ended up with quite a big pedal poard..

If the RH fits the bill sound-wise it'll not only be a better frequency range match for the cabs, but I'll also be able to shift a few pedals too...

[url="http://www.amazon.com/Kustom-Amps-KXB500-500-Watt-Class/dp/B005PHD4ZG"]http://www.amazon.com/Kustom-Amps-KXB500-500-Watt-Class/dp/B005PHD4ZG[/url]

You can still get some, but people have realised their value, so they aren't as cheap as they were.
Still a bargain though!!

That's fair enough about the frequency response. I wouldnt have thought to look at that either!