Why become a member? ×

Hagstrom Swede Reissue

Mariner72

I'm developing an interest in these basses. For the those wondering what they are, they look a little like the Les Paul bass without the all the buttons. Anybody got the 2015 reissue? They're posted on the Rosetti web page, own an original even? If so, what are like tonewise, and to play?

I always loved Hagstrom, and desperately wanted back in the late 70's when I started playing guitar, so was excited when I saw the reissues a couple of years back. I then read several really poor reviews, all singling out poor finish. Now bearing in mind one of the biggest criticisms of guitar/bass magazines is that they are always too generous with their praise and star rating (got to look after the ad revenue), and without being able to try one locally, I had to take it that these reviews were, sadly, honest and accurate :( I'd love to hear that they have sorted all the issues and are making great instruments again!