Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Hofner Ignition Violin Bass + gig bag £180
£180

Rabbie

A great little bass this. Wonderful vintage tone. I'm sure there are some tonal differences compared with the 2k German made models, but you'd need to be pretty clued up on their sound to actually spot them. In any case improbable to make out in the mix of a band: this is in short a fabulous gigging bass for the violin bass lover or anyone curious to have such an iconic shape in their arsenal. The reviews for the Ignition basses are great, so have a read for yourself.
I've only had this for a very short time and I'm actually letting it go to stick to my acoustic things at present. Since buying it, I've taken the perloid white scratchplate off, but it is of course enclosed in the sale. Also, I have fitted a brand new set of Rotosound Tru bass 88 short scale, like Paul McCartney Abbey Road/Let it be era. The D'Addario flats it came with are also enclosed. Finally I've bought an original Hofner gig bag, because otherwise finding a suitable gig bag for this basses is a real pain. All in all, absolute bargain at £180 and here's the spiel from Hofner:
Taking a lead from our 70s Violin Bass models the Ignition Violin Bass guitars from Hofner let you get your hands on one of the world's iconic guitars. In contrast to the HCT model this version has a fully hollow body and of course comes with the famous Hofner control panel, wooden bridge and Hofner style tailpiece.
Hofner's comprehensive range of guitars draws on the firms long-standing success making precision string instruments for musicians. The Beatles' Sir Paul McCartney played a Hofner Violin Bass, and the company's superb attention to detail and stylish design has continued to inspire both rock and jazz musicians to this day. Despite the numerous changes over 125 years the company is still strongly a family firm with strong values for customers, and for high quality, musical instruments.
[b] Specifications[/b]

[b] Body & Bridge[/b]
[list]
[*][b]Body:[/b] Flame Maple
[*][b]Top:[/b] Spruce
[*][b]Body Shape:[/b] Ignition Violin Bass
[*][b]Construction:[/b] Set-In
[*][b]Finish:[/b] Sunburst
[*][b]Binding:[/b] White
[*][b]Bridge:[/b] Rosewood
[*][b]Tailpiece:[/b] Trapeze Nickel
[/list]
[b] Neck & Fingerboard[/b]
[list]
[*][b]Neck:[/b] Maple
[*][b]Fingerboard:[/b] Rosewood
[*][b]Frets:[/b] 22
[*][b]Inlays:[/b] Pearloid Dots
[*][b]Binding:[/b] White
[*][b]Scale Length:[/b] 30"
[*][b]Nut:[/b] Plastic
[*][b]Nut Width:[/b] 42mm
[/list]
[b] Hardware & Electronics[/b]
[list]
[*][b]Bridge Pickup:[/b] Hofner Ignition Staple Nickel
[*][b]Neck Pickup:[/b] Hofner Ignition Staple Nickel
[*][b]Tuners:[/b] Single Nickel
[*][b]Knobs:[/b] Black
[/list]
Postage to UK is an extra tenner! Any other country, please get in touch first!

Edited by Rabbie