Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN: a pretty P body needing finishing
£35

An unfinished P-bass body with a pretty top - possibly bubinga?

I bought this from eBay a couple of years ago because it looked pretty and I thought I'd have time to do something with it. But I need the space, and I haven't the time. To be filed under Experience, I guess. £35 plus carriage.

Pics: [url="http://s1295.photobucket.com/user/alyctes/library/P-bass%20project%20with%20pretty%20top?sort=3&page=1"]http://s1295.photobu...p?sort=3&page=1[/url] The neck has been sold separately.

This is a partly-shaped but unfinished P-style body with a nicely figured top. Its routing holds a Charvel P-type pickup but is quite large and does need a pickguard. The veneer may be bubinga, but I'm not knowledgeable in these things.

It has a tort P-type pickguard fitted with a Charvel P-type pickup, and a gold-coloured bridge, heavy-Fender style.

The pickguard has some scratches, hard to photograph. It would need replacing anyway as the routing is oversize above the controls.

The names on the pickup are rather worn.

The bridge is not fitted exactly squarely.

What it needs:
- The body needs finishing.
- A new pickguard. The routing for the controls is not covered by the existing PG, so something a little larger will be needed - more like the Hohner-style PG, rather than the existing pointed plate. The pups will have to be mounted to the new PG.
- Strap pegs. (The holes are drilled already.)
- The black tape on the back of the body covered a drill hole, which looks as if it's come through from the front. It looks to be 4mm or so. I've shown this in one of the pics.
- Pickguard screws.
- Pup screws.
- Neck plate.
- The bridge is a five-screw mounting which is missing the centre screw.

Edited by alyctes

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...