Why become a member? ×

Fender Precision 1981: Last of the 70s era from the Fullerton Factory +WITHDRAWN+
£1600

Hutton

£1600 [color=#ff0000]Reduced to £1200[/color] After taking advice I have reduced the price to £1200 which I believe is now realistic and fair.

I have decided to sell my 1981 Fender Precision in natural finish. The bass is all original apart from the volume pot which was replaced by a previous owner as it was 'troublesome'. I am including the pot in the sale in case anyone wishes to restore and refit it. The original chrome covers will also be included in the sale. The bass currently is fitted with schaller strap buttons although the originals will be refitted if the bass sells. The hard case is not original and is also very tatty. However, it does the job of protecting the instrument. I should say that the case shown below with the pics of the bass with chrome covers is not the case which is included in this sale.

The condition of the bass is excellent for a 35 year old instrument. There are only one or two small dings and an area of buckle rash on the rear of the body which has worn away the top layer of laquer for about the size of a £2 coin. The weight of the bass is 10lb measured with my luggage scales.

As you will see from the pictures this bass comes from the period of the late 70s into the 80s when bodies and necks were getting used up. The pots and body clearly state the year 1981. The bass however follows the pattern of the late 70s basses and even has an S9 serial number. This bass has a marvellous growly thump which is the hallmark of the precision.

This is a nice bass which has many years of service to offer. Please feel free to ask any questions. Price includes shipping to the UK.

Edited by Hutton

[quote name='Stance' timestamp='1455500568' post='2979670']
Have a bump on me!

I have on of those 78-81 P-basses - just awesome!
[/quote]

They certainly are excellent basses. I'm beginning to wonder if I'm doing the right thing!

[quote name='Stance' timestamp='1455533254' post='2979852']

This won´t help - Moving a vintage Fender is never a right move ahahah
[/quote]

You're right my friend. Bass now withdrawn!👍

Edited by Hutton