Why become a member? ×

Small rig with oomph.

giblett123

Morning all!

Daft question, has anyone out there tried the Phil Jones C4 cabs with either a Reidmar 750 or a Little Mark 800? Is this a bonkers combination? I'm looking to get something portable with a bit more Oomph than my current setup but without breaking the bank! Obviously I will go and try before I buy but wondered if anyone has any thoughts or suggestions?
ta.

Edited by giblett123

I bought 2 C4's just before Christmas, from Thomann.
Returned them the following day.
Nothing like enough coming out of them for me and at the time I had a PUMA 900!

Only an opinion, and for my circumstance;
Sound wonderful.
NOT enough for either of the 4 piece rock bands I'm in.
Would be fabulous for something like jazz at not too high volume.

[quote name='deksawyer' timestamp='1455101849' post='2975821']
You'd be wise to consider my Tecamp M212 I've for sale in the classifieds. That paired with either amp you mention would handle anything!

D.
[/quote]

Yes and it would have been mine if it had come up before Jose The Red seduced me :P

Seriously though the TecAmp will do pretty much for anything, either on it's own or DI'd through FOH.

I bought a pair of Berg 112's when I was looking for a small rig. Use one or both depending on the gig. That was 7 years ago and things have moved on a long way since then, with so much to choose from, I'd still recommend these cabs any day of the week.

I don't know much about the Barefaced One10 but there are guys on Talkbass gigging just one of them. That's got to be worth investigating.

My current "small rig with oomph" is a BF Super Compact, with a second cab for bigger gigs.

Edited by chris_b

I don't think the Barefaced One10 could cope with a loud drummer on it's own. But I'd love to see what a pair of them could do.

I really like mine. Sounds very different to my Bergs. Different tools for different jobs and all that.

It's not a cheap item for such a tiny thing and I hadn't tried any BF cab before, so I was a bit nervous about dropping the money on what I perceived as a practice cab - but it is brilliant.

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1455104903' post='2975857']
I don't think the Barefaced One10 could cope with a loud drummer on it's own. But I'd love to see what a pair of them could do.

I really like mine. Sounds very different to my Bergs. Different tools for different jobs and all that.

It's not a cheap item for such a tiny thing and I hadn't tried any BF cab before, so I was a bit nervous about dropping the money on what I perceived as a practice cab - but it is brilliant.
[/quote]

How would it be with a Demeter head?

[quote name='owen' timestamp='1455105379' post='2975865']
How would it be with a Demeter head?
[/quote]

It's brilliant!

Has that lovely lower mid sort of thing going on. (Depending on EQ settings of course)

You know like a proper DB doesn't actually have a huge amount of genuine bass but the lower mids are really rich and full of detail - that.

The One10 is my first choice cab for anything remotely orchestrally / old RnB / Motown.