Why become a member? ×

Bax-Shop - the new Thomann?

EBS_freak

My own experience with Bax (the Dutch variety) has been far better than my experience with Thomann, BUT I see a pattern: people complaining about Bax tend to complain about Bax UK - not about Bax NL.
So there may be something about British Bax or about British shops or about British customers, or a combination, Idunno, but the pattern seems to be there.

Edited by BassTractor

[quote name='crez5150' timestamp='1485640457' post='3225576']
There is no BAX UK.... they have registered an address but that is all..... all sales are dealt with in Europe
[/quote]

That's interesting. So that might indicate they've set up a department for the UK that doesn't function.

[quote name='crez5150' timestamp='1485641071' post='3225590']
If you look at their website it says that is a correspondence address only
[/quote]

Then again, I didn't say a department IN the UK, but a department FOR the UK.
If they did set up a new service and/or sales department for the UK and got new semi-English-speaking employees for it, this might in part explain a perceived difference between Dutch and British customer satisfaction.
It wouldn't make it right, mind - just possibly explain.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1485640882' post='3225582']
That's interesting. So that might indicate they've set up a department for the UK that doesn't function.
[/quote]
Just to add my 1st experience with Bax; recently placed a smallish order and paid for 2 day delivery. To cut to the chase, order didn't arrive (they use Hermes who IME are sh1te), and I got ignored and generally fobbed off by Bax when trying to get them to chase things. I eventually had to resort to a PayPal claim to get my money back, which I won.
Basically when things went south due to their crappy courier, Bax just weren't interested in resolving the issue, and I for one will be avoiding them in the future. The person I spoke to was on the end of a UK phone number fwiw.

Edited by mickster

To echo the above comment from Mickster, I ordered a stand. No big deal I thought and I wasn't in a rush. I had an email saying delivery by March 1st and a link that didn't work so I could track the package. It got to the 3rd and nothing so I emailed. I then got ignored which I found mildly annoying. They then emailed me to invite me to review them on Trustpilot. No problem, I politely listed the service I'd received.

Suddenly they pulled out the stops and I got my stand and an apology. If companies are going to use automated emails and third party sites to review, they need to raise their game.

BAX were cheapest online for the item I wanted, but it arrived two days late. I had no problems contacting customer service by email or phone and they were very apologetic. It seems there are sometimes co-ordination problems between their European couriers and Hermes as well as communication difficulties between BAX and the couriers.

• Like 1

• 6 years later...

Used Bax for the first time, lucky to find the item in stock as everywhere else I'd tried had no idea when they could get it. It was also the cheapest. Delivered by Parcel Force two days later in perfect condition.  Can't say I'd heard of them before but will be the first place I look next time.

Edited by vbance

• 1 month later...

Bought a "B-Stock" Hydrasynth Explorer from Bax, saving ~15% off the list price. 

Straightforward transaction, timely E-mail comms. All good.

ParcelForce sat on it for a day 😡, but when it arrived it was complete, comprehensively packed and in very good condition; little evidence of use.

(All I had to do was swap out the power adaptor pins. I don't think they'd realised that they are removable,  as they'd supplied a euro 2-pin to 3-pin adaptor.)

Would I buy from them again? Absolutely.

Edit-

On further examination the Hydrasynth is plainly faulty, and in spite of "being checked and in full working order", it isn't. 

There's quite a channel mis-match at lower volumes; the stereo image pulls to the left. 

Worse still,  half the backlights on the LFOs don't work,  and they're essential to being able to see what you're working on.

It'll be going back. 

Too good to be true. 

Now I'm stuck with the rigmarole of trying to return it, and no doubt some grief from Bax 😡

Edited by Lfalex v1.1
Grrrrrr
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Lfalex v1.1 said:

Bought a "B-Stock" Hydrasynth Explorer from Bax, saving ~15% off the list price. 

Straightforward transaction, timely E-mail comms. All good.

ParcelForce sat on it for a day 😡, but when it arrived it was complete, comprehensively packed and in very good condition; little evidence of use.

(All I had to do was swap out the power adaptor pins. I don't think they'd realised that they are removable,  as they'd supplied a euro 2-pin to 3-pin adaptor.)

Would I buy from them again? Absolutely.

Edit-

On further examination the Hydrasynth is plainly faulty, and in spite of "being checked and in full working order", it isn't. 

There's quite a channel mis-match at lower volumes; the stereo image pulls to the left. 

Worse still,  half the backlights on the LFOs don't work,  and they're essential to being able to see what you're working on.

It'll be going back. 

Too good to be true. 

Now I'm stuck with the rigmarole of trying to return it, and no doubt some grief from Bax 😡

please let us know how the return and refund or replacement goes.

40 minutes ago, vbance said:

please let us know how the return and refund or replacement goes.

I shall. 

I am more than strongly doubtful that any potential replacement will be sourced from Bax.

They sent me something described as tested and fully working. 

That was not the case. 

I plainly can't trust them. 

• Like 1

I've returned stuff to Bax before without any problems or drama - last time was a bass in early Jan '23. Just clicked a button and filled in a form, printed a label, dropped the box off at the post office, gave it a week or two and the money reappeared. The time before that was similarly uneventful but long enough ago that they were still sending couriers to pick stuff up at that point, so ironically it was probably more of a drag as I had to wait in for a day to get the thing on its way.

A recent order had some strange tracking events meaning it wasn't clear whether it would arrive on the expected day, so I gave them a call to see if they knew anything more as the sender than I could see as the recipient. The phone was answered reasonably quickly and the guy I spoke to confirmed that they'd had a problem at the warehouse and gave me a revised delivery date. It turned out to be accurate and the item was perfect.. also cheaper than anywhere else I could get it from by a substantial margin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My scenario is not going well.

6 days have elapsed since I dispatched the faulty synth. I've received 2 emails from Bax;

1 advertising the new (and presumably working?) version of the dross they sent me.

1 asking for a review of the dross they sent me.

Once I have a refund securely in my hands, I shall likely give them a royal savaging in a review for trying to pass off sub-standard product as being ok. It's not ok.

Off to make some enquires,  Parcel Force first, to see where the return went,  then Bax, to ascertain why nothing has happened. Then,  if necessary,  my bank, to see what recourse I have. 

Final sanction? I guess Kent Trading Standards.

Update: Made enquires.

ParcelForce- Yep. Your return made it to Bax on 01/03 @ 1047.

Bax- Yep. Your return made it to us on 01/03.

Yet they sent no confirmation Email as promised, nor did they initiate a refund. 

Nice lady on telephone said she'd call finance and send a confirmation Email and start the refund process. Should have it in 7 working days....

Got an Email from Bax;

Hey, would you like to buy a Hydrasynth Explorer?

Not right now, no. I can't afford one as your sitting on my money. 

And IF I ever get it back, I still won't give these people another minute of my time or penny of my money. 

Edited by Lfalex v1.1

• 2 weeks later...

Don't bother with this company. 

Just.

Don't. 

Got an e-mail on 12th Mar;

"You're eligible for a refund!" 

As though I'd won some sort of prize.

Timeline;

26th Feb- Ordered.

27th Feb- Received.

29th Feb- Dispatched for return.

1st Mar- Bax received the return. Didn't acknowledge it.

(Various emails and phone calls ensue)

12th Mar- Email to confirm that I'm entitled to a refund.  Maybe another 14 working days. 

So I'm looking at 28th Mar before I might get my money back. 

They'll have had my funds for 31 days  at that point. 

Hmmm. Get some interest on that,  did you?

Lump it together with everyone else's pending refunds for a month and get some interest on that,  did you?

And let's not forget that they're at fault for selling me faulty goods that weren't as described in the first place.. 😡

I use bax if there is no other choice or it is ridiculously cheap, otherwise not prepared to take the risk.

Although I guess you can say that my normal problems with them have more to do with hermes than them, but it is their choice to use hermies.

55 minutes ago, Lfalex v1.1 said:

26th Feb- Ordered.

27th Feb- Received.

29th Feb- Dispatched for return.

1st Mar- Bax received the return. Didn't acknowledge it.

(Various emails and phone calls ensue)

12th Mar- Email to confirm that I'm entitled to a refund.

So a 14 day complete turnaround from mainland Europe to your doorstep and back, full refund confirmed after they have checked the returned item, and you go full Karen? 

Spoiled much?

2 hours ago, Bolo said:

So a 14 day complete turnaround from mainland Europe to your doorstep and back, full refund confirmed after they have checked the returned item, and you go full Karen? 

Spoiled much?

(It was from Kent. It took 1 day to get from me back to them.)

And the item was not sold as as advertised.

I've no confidence in them whatsoever. 

You may think that's unreasonable. 

I don't.