Why become a member? ×

NRD (New Rig Day!)

Merton

Cheers guys! Will try to record some noodles but don't hold your breath ;)

Stew - yes we'll get something sorted soon!

Mark - Gareth said the same to me on Facebook. TBH it's not as bad as I was expecting and I think I can live with the little overhang. If it had been worse, I'd have had to resort to getting a second VS212 haha ;)

[quote name='Merton' timestamp='1455230129' post='2977397']
Mark - Gareth said the same to me on Facebook. TBH it's not as bad as I was expecting and I think I can live with the little overhang.
[/quote]

You could always use the cab horizontally, but then the logos wouldn't be parallel...
...argh! *Puff, pant - breathes into brown paper bag* ;)

Edited by discreet

[quote name='Huge Hands' timestamp='1455215469' post='2977184']
Hi Martin,

Nice to see your new rig! We'll have to have another "mini bash" soon and try out some more gear - hopefully with no horses running around on the M23 this time!
[/quote]

If you do, give me a shout - I'm in that area and always keen to meet other bassists :)

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1455231061' post='2977404']

You could always use the cab horizontally, but then the logos wouldn't be parallel...
...argh! *Puff, pant - breathes into brown paper bag* ;)
[/quote]

I'd also be blasting my shins with the lovely valve tone ;)

The other issue with the logos is the cab has the old single wing, I'm actually OCD enough to consider changing it to the double wing to match the amp :D

[quote name='Merton' timestamp='1455293209' post='2977932']
The other issue with the logos is the cab has the old single wing, I'm actually OCD enough to consider changing it to the double wing to match the amp :D
[/quote]

You'll have to, no question. I wouldn't get to sleep at night with it as it is. :D

[quote name='Merton' timestamp='1455293209' post='2977932']
I'd also be blasting my shins with the lovely valve tone ;)

[/quote]I've bought Ashdown logos in the past, they certainly used to be well priced.

[quote name='BruceBass3901' timestamp='1455212134' post='2977143']
Looks awesome Merton!

I'm going to start gigging my CTM 300 and ABM NEO 210 setup next month, but sadly my CTM is flightcased so the cab will have to be sideways :(
[/quote]

I always gig my CTM on top of 2 ABM NEO cabs stacked sideways. The logo orientation doesn't detract from the overall awesomeness. And those cabs really do sound good with that amp. I think Ashdown might have stopped making them tho, as the NEO range aren't on their website at the moment.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1455293399' post='2977935']

You'll have to, no question. I wouldn't get to sleep at night with it as it is. :D
[/quote]

Maybe that's what's kept me awake the last 4 nights, not jet lag... You'll be pleased to know I've ordered a double wing logo for it :)

[quote name='Merton' timestamp='1455464392' post='2979294']
Maybe that's what's kept me awake the last 4 nights, not jet lag... You'll be pleased to know I've ordered a double wing logo for it :)
[/quote]

Phew! And a couple of side-trim panels for the cab to make it the same width as the amp? :D