Why become a member? ×

Genz Shuttle Max 6 carry case or rack case suggestions - Now sorted with photos to prove it!

Deedee

Well my new purchase arrived today, a nice but slightly battered Genz shuttle max 6.

Question is, does anybody have one of these mounted in a rack case? Or could recommend a particular case that would do the job?

Edited by Deedee

These are spot on for the Shuttle 6..
http://www.bandland.co.uk/pa-bags-cases-c-80_154/gator-gmixb1212-padded-mixer-bag-p-3177.html?gclid=COfL5NTx8MoCFSQTwwodHSsNuA

You should be able to see from the dimensions listed whether it would fit 5he max

Edited by Roland Rock

[quote name='Deedee' timestamp='1455473594' post='2979415']
Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Does anybody have one mounted in a rack case?
[/quote]

Love Genz Benz gear good choice! I have a Shuttle Max 9.2 and a Shuttle Max 12.2 both mounted in Short Gator Rack Cases GR-3S (3U) GR-4S (4U) (extra space for rack tuners etc).
They do a very nice 2U case GR-2S too.

Gator cases are good value for money, and I find them sturdy enough for my purposes. That said I take care of my gear do not throw them about!

You may have to search around for Genz Benz Rack ears. Here's a couple of links:-

http://www.gatorcases.com/c/29201/standard-audio-racks

http://www.thomann.de/ie/gator_gr3s.htm?ref=search_rslt_gator+rack+case_212524

I've been looking for a similar type case for a small amp. I ended up going for a Mackie mixer bag, which looks pretty well padded and handy.
https://www.bax-shop.co.uk/pa-mixer-bag/mackie-profx-12-protective-transport-bag?gclid=Cj0KEQiAuqC2BRDVxMSnpa-mhZoBEiQAFta8wSRt59J5CUZ7fY6B29zLq73Xo6ca7qhwWcXEAX_w6qsaAkYy8P8HAQ

I'll let you know the build quality when it arrives

I use those hard plastic camera cases with foaming inside, the kind you can cut out for perfect fit. I won't rack mount my light weight amps; then the idea with light weight is gone.
Another thing I do is putting velcro on top of the amps to hold tuner, wireless and "always on-pedals".

[quote name='Deedee' timestamp='1456657870' post='2991048']
I think I'm going to go for one of the gator cases. Looking at the hens teeth availability of the proper Genz rack ears, I think I'll be making my own!
[/quote]

I bought my Genz Benz heads in 2013 & 2014 and the rack ears were really hard to find even then. I eventually sourced a set from the USA, probably one of the last new sets available.
That said they should not be too hard to fabricate. Good luck.

[quote name='BassManGraham' timestamp='1456867622' post='2993140']

I bought my Genz Benz heads in 2013 & 2014 and the rack ears were really hard to find even then. I eventually sourced a set from the USA, probably one of the last new sets available.
That said they should not be too hard to fabricate. Good luck.
[/quote]

I've ordered a pair of 140mm deep rack ears to butcher :-)

The plan is to fix the short front returns (the returns that would normally fix to the sides of the rack) to the sides of the amp, then cut the 'ears' down to size and drill new fixing holes to mount them onto the front sides of the rack.

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1455981046' post='2984228']
I've been looking for a similar type case for a small amp. I ended up going for a Mackie mixer bag, which looks pretty well padded and handy.
https://www.bax-shop.co.uk/pa-mixer-bag/mackie-profx-12-protective-transport-bag?gclid=Cj0KEQiAuqC2BRDVxMSnpa-mhZoBEiQAFta8wSRt59J5CUZ7fY6B29zLq73Xo6ca7qhwWcXEAX_w6qsaAkYy8P8HAQ

I'll let you know the build quality when it arrives
[/quote]

Just in case anyone reads this, thought I'd add more information. It's good sturdy quality, and has much better padding than the Gator. It's pretty big though - I added an extra border of foam to get my amp fitting so that it wouldn't tumble round too much. So, nice case, but maybe not one for those who want to keep everything micro.

Well got the ears sorted and I'm very happy with the result 🙂. Gator GRS2 case and a set of overly long rack ears from eBay.

Just for the record if anybody else is looking to do the same, the ears need cutting down to leave 70mm each side.

[quote name='Deedee' timestamp='1457170681' post='2995924']
Well got the ears sorted and I'm very happy with the result . Gator GRS2 case and a set of overly long rack ears from eBay.

Just for the record if anybody else is looking to do the same, the ears need cutting down to leave 70mm each side.
[/quote]

Neat professional job. Always worth doing things properly and looking after your gear.