Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn - Trace Elliot 1153t 15" Cab
£450

Daz39

Sold elsewhere.

Half of my much loved Trace Elliot Cab. Bought from new in 1998 by me - an 1153t 15" Cab.
It's been used for practice but never gigged.

The Cab is 200w at 8ohm, with 2 tuning ports (that's what they are, right?), and the same indestructible casing. Can stand as shown or on it's side as it has feet on the bottom and left-hand side. 2 hide-away spring-handles with sturdy grips mean that one person can lift it (but you need to put your back into it.)

Based in Halifax - looking for £170, now £150
, now £140.

Edited by Daz39

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1455375908' post='2978588']
Interparcel will ship these for less than £20....
[/quote]
I wouldn't trust a courier with anything more complex than a book: I've read the threads (not just this site). It has valves and electronics in, not worth the risk of damage and then the lengthy and protracted compensation battle, or negative feedback if it arrives in a worse condition than it was sent.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote name='Daz39' timestamp='1455539081' post='2979939']
I wouldn't trust a courier with anything more complex than a book: I've read the threads (not just this site). It has valves and electronics in, not worth the risk of damage and then the lengthy and protracted compensation battle, or negative feedback if it arrives in a worse condition than it was sent.
[/quote]....................Good job we don't all subscribe to that point of view otherwise there would be very little in the way of commerce, and I guess fleabay wouldn't exist ;)..

Ok - I've mellowed on that having seen a few differing experiences - but I am always worried about sending electronics or things with necks in the post. I've seen birthday cards come looking like they've been in a Frisbee game with a dog...

re courier.....I appreciate your concerns and many of us have had negative experiences with couriers, but choosing a larger, reputable company like Parcelforce, DHL, etc initially costs more but are better equipped when it comes to cover in the event of a problem. if I've had problems i've found these companies fix things quicker and more professionally than these small firms which just throw things over the fence (are you listening Yodel). Anyway, speaking as someone who uses and relies on couriers exclusively due to my location, I urge you to re-consider. Thorough packing usually ensures no problems with couriers, and now there are many sites that offer great prices from the top couriers, Parcel Hero is one, and no, I'm not on the payroll. If you can get past the grind of having to parcel up and a mountain of parcel tape you'll find a bigger business for your item guaranteed, The GroovyPlucker

• 4 weeks later...

I know Daz is more interested in a sale, but I fully agree on every point with The groovy-plucker.

Interesting point to be aware of when shipping TC Electronic RS cabs. The tweeter is screwed to the back of one of the speakers.
Once I had a cab sent back to me with the guy saying one of the speakers is distorting. Could not understand why for ages.
What had happened was that the cab had been abused in transit. The weight of the 'piggy back tweeter had been jolted somehow and developed a hairline bend in the rim of the speaker frame.
I always take pics of my packaging, stage by stage and it did help me get compensation from Interparcel.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...