Why become a member? ×

Kanye West

lou24d53

Always thought he was a massive, egotistical bell-end, but he is just getting downright embarrassing now......... :blink: :blink: :lol:

[url="http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/35576432/kanye-west-really-wants-1-billion-from-mark-zuckerberg"]http://www.bbc.co.uk...mark-zuckerberg[/url]

All I can do is facepalm. A while ago, I wrote a blog post in Mr West's defence (or, at least, saying that it was a bit over-the-top to ask that he be removed from the Glastonbury headline slot), on the grounds that he was just a bit of a prat, but otherwise quite harmless. I'm wondering whether recent developments are going to prove me wrong.

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1455534582' post='2979869']
I've never knowingly heard his music, but doubt I'm really missing anything.
[/quote]

Yeesus is an "ok" album in parts, he references a lot of old industrial music in it and there's some actual ferocity but for the most part his stuff isn't my thing.

[quote name='lou24d53' timestamp='1455532354' post='2979836']
Always thought he was a massive, egotistical bell-end...
[/quote]
[quote name='keefbaker' timestamp='1455532810' post='2979842']
The man is a grade-A dong in every conceivable way. Every single thing he does makes him look more and more stupid
[/quote]
[quote name='jimbaby' timestamp='1455534380' post='2979865']
I think he's a talentless shouty poser
[/quote]

Little more to be said really.

I'm surprised Kanye can reach his Twitter, what with him being so far up his own ar5e and all. It's probably not his fault however, he's just spent far too long surrounded by people telling him how great he is.

If I were Mark Z, I'd keep my trap shut and let Kan't-ye dig his own hole.

[quote name='keefbaker' timestamp='1455532810' post='2979842']
The man is a grade-A dong in every conceivable way. Every single thing he does makes him look more and more stupid but still people buy into his crap. The human race, ladies and gentlemen, the human race.
[/quote]

Nailed it, my thoughts exactly.

Twas ever thus. The music has its fair share of loud egotistical nutters, just as it always has. Many perfectly normal musicians, after a period of fame confuse arrogance and egotistical behaviour with the normal expression of talent. At least he hasn't claimed to be bigger than Jesus. Yet.

Brilliant. It reads like drunk Tweeting :)

Kanye certainly [i]is[/i] a colossal…

..end.

But I also find him strangely entertaining. Not his music (although I do quite like Gold Digger and Stronger), just his bemusingly laughable cartoon persona. It’s like the mind of a 7 year-old boy transported into the body of a grown man.

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1455539762' post='2979953']
But I also find him strangely entertaining. Not his music (although I do quite like Gold Digger and Stronger), just his bemusingly laughable cartoon persona. It’s like the mind of a 7 year-old boy transported into the body of a grown man.
[/quote]

That's EXACTLY what it's like!

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1455539762' post='2979953']

But I also find him strangely entertaining. Not his music (although I do quite like Gold Digger and Stronger), just his bemusingly laughable cartoon persona. It’s like the mind of a 7 year-old boy transported into the body of a [s]grown man[/s]. gay fish
[/quote]

Fixed.

[quote name='timmo' timestamp='1455545826' post='2980035']
I can`t believe he thinks he is more worthwhile have a billion dollars instead of a school in Africa.
[/quote]

Indeed.

And neither can I believe that he named his son North. I think it's important to remember that fact when judging anything he does. It's a crucial indicator of the man's thought processes (or process? I don't want to exaggerate here).

[i]"North West. Hahaha! Imagine if you called him North? North West. Haha, that's funny. What, that really is his name? You weren't joking? Oh, okay. My bad. North West. Yeah. Cool. That's all cool".[/i]

It's like when some friends of mine were thinking about naming their son Zeus, with the surname Lee. Zeus Lee. We all laughed at that one. A kind of Greco-Chinese martial arts star in the making. They weren't joking either. Kind of awkward. But fortunately it turned out to be a girl.