Why become a member? ×

Kanye West

lou24d53

[quote name='LayDownThaFunk' timestamp='1455648535' post='2981146']
How many white, working/middle class men listen to Kanye or any hip hop? Don't come out with 'I heard College Dropout X years ago'. Of course you don't get it. Therefore, you don't listen to it. How can you diss something you've never heard before? Morons.
[/quote] I would imagine most people have heard Kanye. I know some people that like Hip Hop. Bit of a moronic statement really.

Well, Bound 2 has got to be the worst rapping I have ever heard, and the rest of it is just as bad. If it had been anyone bar Kanye it would have been dismissed as third rate rapping as that is exactly what it is. The sampling is fourth rate. Oh yeah, he can`t sing Bohemian Rhapsody either.

Edited by timmo

[quote name='LayDownThaFunk' timestamp='1455648535' post='2981146']
How many white, working/middle class men listen to Kanye or any hip hop? Don't come out with 'I heard College Dropout X years ago'. Of course you don't get it. Therefore, you don't listen to it. How can you diss something you've never heard before? Morons.
[/quote]
I would respectfully suggest that you don't have a clue what I or anyone else here listens to, and that you are leaping to some fairly massive conclusions. I would also suggest that you don't start calling people morons.

[quote name='timmo' timestamp='1455649255' post='2981163']
Well, Bound 2 has got to be the worst rapping I have ever heard, and the rest of it is just as bad. If it had been anyone bar Kanye it would have been dismissed as third rate rapping as that is exactly what it is. The sampling is fourth rate. Oh yeah, he can`t sing Bohemian Rhapsody either.
[/quote]

Bound2 being another song containing yet another sample he couldn't be bothered to get permission for. I don't buy the entertainer/artist/persona angle, all I see is a shameless self promoting misogynist w***er.

Edited by Subbeh

[quote name='LayDownThaFunk' timestamp='1455649037' post='2981156']
Well you are if you diss something without listening to it.
[/quote]

I suspect most here are 'dissing' Kanye for his comments/antics, more than for his musical output, which often appears to take a second place to his public persona.

[quote name='Bassjon' timestamp='1455701329' post='2981501']
Kanye West is a talentless piece of s**t. The end.
[/quote]

No, I think he's just lost his way a bit.

Dropout's an incredible album. It's essential listening for anyone that likes hip-hop. I suspect he'll take a break and then come back in a few years with a groundbreaking album.

He bought a $2m 'starter mansion' and spent $xm on refurb, then was selling it for $20m. Allegedly they spent $750k on 4 gold plated toilets.

Wonder how much of the debt I real and how much is underwritten by assets.

My personal debt is about 5x my annual income. I'm guessing he pulls in more than $10m a year. Plus he's with Kim Kardasian isn't he?

This is a very odd news story. That's the problem with social media. It can so easily be just stream of concious ramblings...

Probably a bit like this post...

[quote name='Truckstop' timestamp='1455701907' post='2981509']

Dropout's an incredible album. It's essential listening for anyone that likes hip-hop. I suspect he'll take a break and then come back in a few years with a groundbreaking album.
[/quote]

There could be some truth in that... http://www.nme.com/news/kanye-west/91481

Though I honestly can't tell if he's just parodying his perceived public image for a laugh or if he just has the mother of all god complexes (and maybe mentally unstable?)

Doesn't bother me either way, I like his earlier stuff and i'll leave it at that.

[quote name='Truckstop' timestamp='1455701907' post='2981509']

[/quote]

You'd call this hip-hop? Or even rap? I'd call it neither. It's made for radio, urban sh*te with hip-hop leanings perhaps. This is a million miles away from hip-hop, such as A Tribe Called Quest or Jurassic 5.

Yes - I can recall proper hip-hop such as A Tribe Called Quest and De La Soul etc., but this is just 'urban' and it's utter tripe. There are countless artists far better than him but who can't afford the PR.

He's currently trying to get the photoshopped pic of him snogging himself taken off the internet. (Someone, find the button and turn it off while we remove the source of the picture. That'll do it.)

Bieber had a definite teenage phase of being a pillock (to put it mildly)- guess that can happen when you sell a million records at 15 or whatever it was. He appears to be a but more sensible now (his music's still not my cup of tea) - but he did, for instance, tell his UK fans to download the NHS song at xmas so it could beat him to Number 1. Now, you can argue that was clever no-lose PR from him, but the effect was still altruistic.

[quote name='40hz' timestamp='1455714769' post='2981720']

You'd call this hip-hop? Or even rap? I'd call it neither. It's made for radio, urban sh*te with hip-hop leanings perhaps. This is a million miles away from hip-hop, such as A Tribe Called Quest or Jurassic 5.
[/quote]

Yes I would.

There's room for all of those acts under the Hip Hop umbrella.

And I didn't say it was rap.

And to be honest I find your assertion that "made for radio" music is "sh*te" quite rude actually. Who put you in charge of telling people what music's crap or not?

[quote name='Truckstop' timestamp='1455717055' post='2981756']

Yes I would.

There's room for all of those acts under the Hip Hop umbrella.

And I didn't say it was rap.

And to be honest I find your assertion that "made for radio" music is "sh*te" quite rude actually. Who put you in charge of telling people what music's crap or not?
[/quote]

I'm not telling you. This is my opinion. You clearly differ. No need to take it so personally.

"It's like an eight-year-old imagining their dream treehouse"

[url="http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/watch-colbert-roast-kanye-west-on-twitter-business-proposals-20160217"]http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/watch-colbert-roast-kanye-west-on-twitter-business-proposals-20160217[/url]