Why become a member? ×

Connect amp to a Zoom H2n and record bass.

bassituation

Hi, I recently bought a Zoom H2n. I've got a small practice amp (Laney RB2) that has a DI out jack. Can I connect the amp to the zoom and record directly into it, bypassing its mics? If so, would this go into the Zoom's stereo 3.5? Meaning I would need a 6.3 mono to stereo 3.5? Just working this out before I order a cable. Thanks all.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bassman7755

Just a heads up that another poster had problems using a zoom recorder as a direct-to-DAW recording interfaces - he had issue with the daw not being able to correctly compensate for the input latency, probably a driver issue. Hopefully youl have no problems there since its bundled with a DAW so they likely resolved that problem.

With regards to being able to take the DI out ... in theory a DI out should be a mic level output which should work into any standard mic level input but its not unheard of for an amp to have a "DI" out which is really a line level out. The H2n claims to have an input that will accept either although I'm not sure how they manage that particular bit of magic without some sort of selector switch to change the input impedance. Just give it a go and see what happens.

Edited by bassman7755