Why become a member? ×

Study group?

ChunkyMunky

• 2 weeks later...

I've been involved in running one of these on SBL Academy. So I'd be happy to help get it started. In the past I've done it online using Google Hangouts. Hangouts has some advantages over Skype for the group conferencing.

How you need to do it is:
1 - Everyone make sure you have a computer, web-cam and mic.
2 - Agree a time and date we can all get online.
3 - Everyone join Google+, of you don't belong already.
4 - All link on Google+ to someone who'll send the invites out.

If you'd like me to kick it off, please link to me : [color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2] [/size][/font][/color][url=""]https://plus.google.com/+RichardBower88/[/url]

My work demands can be a bit heavy, so my getting online at the right time can be difficult. But, as I've said, I'd be happy to help you with the setting up and, if I can make it I'll hang out as much as I can.

• 5 weeks later...

I'd definitely be interested - you all know what level I play at! Very keen to improve and it'll be good to have other points of view from my regular lessons. I think I've linked to Grangur above ok - let me know if I need to do anything else.

[quote name='Ashweb' timestamp='1460200659' post='3023489']
I'd definitely be interested - you all know what level I play at! Very keen to improve and it'll be good to have other points of view from my regular lessons. I think I've linked to Grangur above ok - let me know if I need to do anything else.
[/quote]
Ahhh.... so it's you!?
Ok. I'd guessed it was someone from SBL Academy.

I'm happy to help get it together, but please can you PM me when you link to me in Google?

Let's aim for doing a first meet up online on Wednesday week; 13th April.
Nobody here's superstitious are they?

Edited by Grangur

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1460324194' post='3024725']
Ahhh.... so it's you!?
Ok. I'd guessed it was someone from SBL Academy.[/quote]

:blush: Haven't even started and I've got my first detention... my apologies, Grangur.

I won't be able to make this Wednesday due to work commitments; other Wednesdays should be OK in future. Other than that, my only regular commitment during the week is on Tuesday evenings when I go for my regular bass lesson. Does anyone have a suggestion for the first topic?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...