Why become a member? ×

Greetings from the West Midlands!

progben

Hey everyone,

Ben here. I live in Stourbridge (just outside Birmingham). We're famous for glass-blowing, amongst other things, and are the home of Diamond Head, Ned's Atomic Dustbin and The Wonder Stuff. Robert Plant (Led Zep) occasionally passes through too.

I currently play in a punk-rock band called Unhinged and recently acquired a TH500 from Simon (Westie9) on my very first day as a registered user here. The Laney head it's replacing was a glorified paperweight, at best! :D I play a Yammy TRBX304 at the moment which has served me well so far - active EQ is surprisingly powerful and for £100 new, I can't complain. Still.. GAS.

I come mainly from a guitar-playing background - I play a Baja Tele, Agile 8-String and a cheap Yammy Pacifica (for the fast stuff ;) ) but bass seems to fit me better these days. Being the friendly (and occasionally aggressive) glue holding the drums and guitars together is more where my personality's at. OTT whammy-bravado and spangly jacket shenanigans can be left to the other guys.

Currently looking for a 1x12 (or two) to pair with my Tonehammer and I should be good to go!

Most of all, I'm a huge music fan. Big into anything a bit avant-garde (Laurie Anderson, Tim Hecker, Ben Frost, Oneohtrix Point Never), all kinds of extreme metal (death, black, thrash, grind etc), Phil Collins and other 80's pop (time for the angry mob!) and most kinds of electronic and dance - especially the weird stuff. I've also grown to love hip-hop a lot over the past few years. If you want to talk about music, hit me up! I'm often at gigs in/around Birmingham and sometimes further afield, and tend to go to a few music festivals a year. Download - UK, TodaysART - Holland are a couple of regulars.

Right, I'm done! Time to get back to reading the TH500 megathread (I'm on page 115).

Ciao!

[quote name='MoJo' timestamp='1456418185' post='2988863']
£100 for a TRBX304? Bargain of the week :o
[/quote]

Only previous owner was a guitar teacher who had bought it in case any of his students wanted to try bass. I assume they didn't.

I actually had enough for something more pricey and bought the Yammy with the intention of selling after a couple of months, but I'm getting on with it really well :D I imagine even when I eventually upgrade, it'll remain as a back-up - recorded two EPs with it now so sentimental value abounds!