Why become a member? ×

Musicman stingray matching headstock help me

police squad

Nope - piezo is about £150+ more, and no longer offered I don't think. It would have a huge 5 band EQ/vol/piezo knob section on the chrome control area if it is piezo. Matching headstocks aren't cheaper with EBMM - they produce some of the most stunning matching headstocks but they are at least £100+ extra.

I'd love a piezo Ray!

3 band EQ with MHS is probably around £1500 new now! Maybe a little less. I'd say even without the MHS £700 is more than fair if it is original with the case etc. Nothing sounds like a Ray. If you want it a little less snarling, whack some flats on it and lower the treble/boost the bass. THUMP!

[quote name='police squad' timestamp='1456932815' post='2993715']
Thanks for the info
is £700 a good price?
[/quote]

I agree with Gareth, sounds an excellent price to me - and the piezo is discontinued - I have it on my Bongo 5HH and it adds another sound dimension completely - pretty rare on Stingrays though (there's a 5 string in the for sale on here at the moment)

Those white Stingrays are great, and they do age to a nice cream colour reasonably quickly.

Edited by drTStingray

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1456933828' post='2993735']
3 band EQ with MHS is probably around £1500 new now! Maybe a little less.[/quote]

There's a really nice one in white pearl available @ Esse Music in Italy right now. Sells for ~ £1470 excluding shipping. Not cheap but what a bass!