Why become a member? ×

Feedback for baldwinbass

silverfoxnik

Just bought a fabulous, vintage Hayman 40 40 bass from Baldwin bass, a.k a. Stuart who has been an absolute gent and a pleasure to deal with from start to finish.

As well as entrusting me with a bass he's owned for nearly 40 years, Stuart was kind enough to drive to my neck of the woods to allow me the opportunity to try out the bass in person before committing to buy it.

So, I'm more than happy to personally recommend Stuart to one and all here on Basschat... Deal with in complete confidence, folks!

Lastly, thanks for a really pleasant transaction Stuart and for the bass itself, which is just brilliant! :)

Hope you do decide to come along to the South East Bash in September ; it's a great day and I'm sure you'll really enjoy it..

Nik

• 2 months later...

Just bought a Tanglewood Canyon III fretless from Stuart. Easy, smooth transaction and the bass is just great for the money. Stuart was a pleasure to deal with and I wouldn't hesitate to deal with him again. Highly recommended!
Keir

• 2 months later...

[quote name='silverfoxnik' timestamp='1457042752' post='2994856']
Just bought a fabulous, vintage Hayman 40 40 bass from Baldwin bass, a.k a. Stuart who has been an absolute gent and a pleasure to deal with from start to finish.

As well as entrusting me with a bass he's owned for nearly 40 years, Stuart was kind enough to drive to my neck of the woods to allow me the opportunity to try out the bass in person before committing to buy it.

So, I'm more than happy to personally recommend Stuart to one and all here on Basschat... Deal with in complete confidence, folks!

Lastly, thanks for a really pleasant transaction Stuart and for the bass itself, which is just brilliant! :)

Hope you do decide to come along to the South East Bash in September ; it's a great day and I'm sure you'll really enjoy it..

Nik
[/quote]

Well Nik, in yet another example of the strangely parallel lives we lead, I just bought the WEM Dominator that Stuart had also owned for about the same period of time. In fact, I imagine it knows your Hayman pretty well (and let's face it, both are definitive statements of early 70's British design). My experience of dealing with Stuart was equally positive, especially given that having agreed to collect the amp, I found myself unable to until about September, so he had it professionally packed before sending - and I'm not joking, Parcelforce could have played football with it and it would still have worked out of the box first time, it took me 15 minutes to unpack! Capping it all, he actually phoned me this morning to check that it had not only arrived in one piece - which it had - but that I was happy with it, which I most certainly am, it's bloody lovely.

Stuart, many thanks, hope to buy you a beer and talk early 70's gear at a bass bash one day :)

C

• 4 years later...