Why become a member? ×

Pro Tools 10 HD - MOTU 828x - Yamaha 02R. Midi questions

VTypeV4

I've been expanding my live / recording setup recently and I'm looking to improve the automation and control side of things but I seem to have come to a standstill.

I mix out of the box - I very much prefer putting a mix together on the Yamaha and despite its age, I think the 02R is a great console - all of my customers have been pleased with the results also . If I need to automate, I'll usually just do it in Pro Tools but doing this way feels slightly compromised and although it actually works well for what I need, I'd rather do it on the yam if poss.

What I'm asking is there anyway to use the 02R to control (even a small part) of the software?

In the Midi settings on the Yamaha, there's a 'Remote Control' page which has a Pro Tools profile with graphical representation of faders (controlled by the real ones) as well as a transport bar but it says 'connection failed' everytime I ask it to connect. I understand this profile is for a much older version of the software (version 5 or something) but was hoping at least some of the lineage was compatible.

On the flipside, the software actually has an 'instrument profile' in it's midi settings for the 02R but despite this, they don't want to talk to each other.

Lastly, I can see the Midi light illuminate on the 828x when the Yamaha is in 'Remote control' mode so I know it's transmitting something.

Can anyone shed any light?

I'm not looking to replace the Yamaha (I simply don't want to nor can I afford to) so I'm happy to accept it might not be poss but I can't help but think I just missed something somewhere.

[URL=http://s778.photobucket.com/user/VTypeV4/media/IMG_20160307_171236_zpscn1vewbz.jpg.html][IMG]http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy70/VTypeV4/IMG_20160307_171236_zpscn1vewbz.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Thanks in advance. B)