Why become a member? ×

status energy

bigash

Older Status bolt-on range. Most of the same features as their current range, although, if I remember right, the graphite necks didn't have truss rods back then and the bodies were more sharply bevelled. Hyperactive PJ pickups on the 4-string, and a pair of J pickups on the 5, with Status' own 2-band EQ. I think they carried the Energy name over when they started doing the wooden-neck range in addition to the graphite necks, so some Energy instruments may have the reinforced maple neck.

Nice instruments and there are some serious bargains to be had. I've been on the lookout for an old Energy 5 for a while.

You could probably find out a lot more from the crowd over at www.statii.com .

:)
Hi,
It just so happens I have one for sale! They vary a bit. Mine is a headed 4 string from early to mid 90's. It has an ash body with a rock maple graphite reinforced neck (with a truss rod as well). It has 2 x 'J' pickups, a 9v active circuit with tone, pu blend and volume. Most headed Status basses have a 34.75 inch scale, Energy's had a 34 inch scale. The RRP was about £699 when new. They always seem very good value to me. I also recommend you try Statii.com.

Geejay

[quote name='Russ' post='30084' date='Jul 10 2007, 11:44 PM']Older Status bolt-on range. Most of the same features as their current range, although, if I remember right, the graphite necks didn't have truss rods back then and the bodies were more sharply bevelled. Hyperactive PJ pickups on the 4-string, and a pair of J pickups on the 5, with Status' own 2-band EQ. I think they carried the Energy name over when they started doing the wooden-neck range in addition to the graphite necks, so some Energy instruments may have the reinforced maple neck.

Nice instruments and there are some serious bargains to be had. I've been on the lookout for an old Energy 5 for a while.

You could probably find out a lot more from the crowd over at www.statii.com .[/quote]
thanks for the advice. seen one on ebay i'm thinking about.

[quote name='Geejay' date='Jul 10 2007, 11:55 PM' post='30091']
:)
Hi,
It just so happens I have one for sale! They vary a bit. Mine is a headed 4 string from early to mid 90's. It has an ash body with a rock maple graphite reinforced neck (with a truss rod as well). It has 2 x 'J' pickups, a 9v active circuit with tone, pu blend and volume. Most headed Status basses have a 34.75 inch scale, Energy's had a 34 inch scale. The RRP was about £699 when new. They always seem very good value to me. I also recommend you try Statii.com.

Geejay
thanks for the advice. I'm a left hander, i take it yours is a right hander.