Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn for now. 1963 Fender P Bass.
£4250

gary mac

[quote name='Tullfan' timestamp='1460063821' post='3022353']
YOB bass for me too ! lovely, but well out of my range £££
have to ask though, anyone any idea why the MOP discs were inserted, was this a fashion mod?
Good luck with the sale!
[/quote]

I blame the weed. Bloody hippies.

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1460826532' post='3029174']
I thought that classic Fenders sold quickly... I expected this to have sold ages ago...have a bump
[/quote]

Thanks Mick. If anyone comes around to check it out and play it, I'm sure it will be leaving with them.
Maybe the discs in the guard are putting some off. They don't bother me as the guard is still nice and flat with no breaks and the 60's tort must be the best ever produced :)

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1461067980' post='3031092']
Someone buy this please! I'm getting gaseous rumblings!
[/quote]

Give in to the rumblings Mr Discreet.
This bass would just look and sound so perfect in a Country & Western band, don't you know? :rolleyes:

Early 60's tort is unique, unmistakable and very cool. The new owner could easily patch the guard with repro material if they didn't like those disks. As for the instrument itself, the real deal, once played you can never go back......and this one's a great deal for a player who wants to hear '63 Precision bass tone.

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1462986308' post='3047617']
This still being just makes no sense at all...
[/quote]

Maybe the pick guard is putting BC'ers off but I reckon if anyone comes around and plays it, then it will be going home with them. :)