Why become a member? ×

Another 'recommend me an overdrive' question...

timmyo

[quote name='adamg67' timestamp='1458562737' post='3008545']
If you fancy the "real thing" you can't go wrong with DHA preamps and ODs, very good and amazing customer service: [url="http://www.davehallamps.co.uk/page8.html"]http://www.davehalla...o.uk/page8.html[/url]
[/quote]

Wouldn't know about the customer device - I've never needed it. DHA stuff is the absolute BALLS! I've been through lots of very nice gear in my search for the ultimate bass O/D tone (Sansamps, Aguilar etc…) and finally settled on the Dave Hall VT1-DI-EQ. It's my personal bass panacea.

[quote name='Rubbersoul' timestamp='1459981227' post='3021576']
I've been using the Digitech Bad Monkey for years and I absolutely love it.
[/quote]
I've just picked one of these up and I'm still figuring out the best setting but for the money it seems pretty good. Still around the £20 mark on ebay.
Rubbersoul, out of interest, what settings do you use?
Mine is stock so quite middy but the well used trick of setting the low and high on or near max really gets round that. In fact my current settings are level at 9:00, lows at 3:00, highs and gain on max. With fingers this gives a full, slightly fuzzy OD. Back off the gain a bit if it's too much. With a pick I back off the highs a little.

[quote name='CliveT' timestamp='1460026219' post='3021858']

I've just picked one of these up and I'm still figuring out the best setting but for the money it seems pretty good. Still around the £20 mark on ebay.
Rubbersoul, out of interest, what settings do you use?
Mine is stock so quite middy but the well used trick of setting the low and high on or near max really gets round that. In fact my current settings are level at 9:00, lows at 3:00, highs and gain on max. With fingers this gives a full, slightly fuzzy OD. Back off the gain a bit if it's too much. With a pick I back off the highs a little.
[/quote]

Normally I have the bass and treble round about the 2 o'clock mark and the gain up full. Small adjustments if I'm using someone else's amp but through my Ashdown this works for me.

[quote name='Rubbersoul' timestamp='1460123126' post='3022819'] Normally I have the bass and treble round about the 2 o'clock mark and the gain up full. Small adjustments if I'm using someone else's amp but through my Ashdown this works for me. [/quote]

Thanks. I look forward to trying it in with the band to see what works best for me in the mix.