Why become a member? ×

Greetings and salutations from Notts

Lightlyseared

Well I've found the site a useful resource for a while so I might was well join! I've been playing bass since 89 with a few sojourns on guitar along the way. I've gone through a fair few basses and I now think I know what I like, generally older gear but anything that gets me a nice clank and growl and the possibility of a big dub sound is a nice bonus. I'm not really partisan to any brand, my keeper basses are a Ric 4003, an Ovation Magnum, a Fender US Jag, a G&L ASAT, a Gibson G3, a Yammy BB1024x and a surprisingly awesome Ibanez Blazer (yes I have a bit of a soft spot for 70s-80s MIJ stuff). Sometimes I use a few effects and I find passive basses tend to get on better with them. Amp wise I haven't really strayed far from Ampeg and older GKs. I've not yielded to the temptation of class D yet, modern cabs do interest me though. I listen to quite a lot of different music, my main thing is post punk, krautrock, the weirder ends of prog and hardcore, space rock, industrial, electronic etc.. Anyway hi all!

[quote name='synthaside' timestamp='1459278811' post='3015104']
For the longest time I wanted a magnum ..... specifically the passive 3 in the grey-burst finishe .... but after playing one in wunjo's a few years ago the sound .... it was not what I'd imagined.

Welcome , to the forums
[/quote]
Cheers - the output on the passive models is pretty moderate, I boost mine with a Fairfield Barbershop.