Why become a member? ×

GONE! FREE Harley Benton Jazz Bass (Deko, but very well playing), courtesy of CamdenRob; PAY IT FORWARD

biro

So, I was lucky enough to be the first to message CamdenRob when he posted his ad in this very board. Rob gave this to me with the implied understanding that I would pay it forward when the time came, rather than sell it on ebay for the equivalent of an ostensibly limited number of pints.

Well, there you have it! It plays well, it's been loved and cared for. All is okay, except perhaps one fret is a bit lower than I'd like it to be with my crazy-low actions. (Most people cannot play my basses anyways, so it is unlikely anyone else will have my same problem.)

At the moment, it's wearing a carbon-fiber looking vinyl wrap over the pickguard. Can be removed very easily, but I cannot be bothered at the moment.

In any event, [b]FREE BASS[/b] in N7, London. Pick up only. (Sorry, don't have much time these days.)

[b]There will be a strictly enforced FCFS policy.[/b] To have it you must satisfy [s]three[/s] four conditions:

1) You must be the first to [b]PM[/b] me;
2) You must be able to [b]pick up[/b] the bass today or in the near(est) future;
3) You must promise (to the whole of Basschat!) that, when you're done with the bass, if ever, you will [b]pay it forward, either with the bass itself or otherwise[/b];
4) [b]Understand that I am off to brunch[/b] and might well be unable to read and reply to your messages until later today.

Ready, set, go!

Edited by biro

[quote name='tom1946' timestamp='1459352970' post='3015720']
what does 'pay it forward' mean? never heard that before. :unsure:
[/quote]

I only found out myself a few weeks ago. There's an American film with the same title, and apparently, if you're blessed with a bit of good luck, it's good karma to do something nice for someone else in return. We would probably have said "pass it on" before Americanisms took over. :rolleyes:

[quote name='BigAlonBass' timestamp='1459410438' post='3016181']
I only found out myself a few weeks ago. There's an American film with the same title, and apparently, if you're blessed with a bit of good luck, it's good karma to do something nice for someone else in return. We would probably have said "pass it on" before Americanisms took over. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Sorry lads, I did learn this language hanging around Americans, and I guess it reflects on how I word things sometimes—though a long stay in the British academia has forced me to reconsider my -[i]ize[/i] spellings.

[quote name='biro' timestamp='1459411657' post='3016194']
Sorry lads, I did learn this language hanging around Americans, and I guess...
[/quote]

Two nations divided by a common language huh? (Wilde, Shaw or Churchill - who ever)

It does not detract from your positive gesture towards global Karma, carry on as if normal.
[size=1](Heeheehee)[/size]