Why become a member? ×

**SOLD** Warwick Thumb 5 NT - 1989
£1400

Chiliwailer

Final price drop..... £1250

Classic Bubinga & Wenge and made in the golden era of Warwicks. The tone is amazing, the front pickup is simply stunning, the back pickup is punchy as sin and with both pickups on you get that lovely parallel wiring clean sound. It has the active / passive push / pull volume, two band EQ and pickup pan. It's a quick and easy neck, I've always preferred the early ones myself as they feel so comfy, especially for a 5'er.

It has the original EMG pickups and MEC preamp. The jack socket has been replaced, original included, and a couple of wires have been extended to accomodate the new one. The control knobs are original but worn, I have some new Warwick replacement ones that I can give you (not pictured)

It's been well played over the years, not abused, just appreciated :) It has wear and the condition is relative to it's age. It's had a fret stone in April, it plays great with no chokes,fret rattles or issues.It is 27 years old so there is some minor wear and a few light grooves but they should last a few years before needed anymore attention.

It weighs around 10.4lbs, 4.7kg, not bad for a Thumb 5.

This is a very reluctant sale, the tone and feel always put a huge smile on my face.

Unfortunately I'm unable to post this one, so collection only please.

***CLICK ON ANY PICTURE TO BE LINKED TO MORE***

[URL=http://s1381.photobucket.com/user/chiliwailer/media/Thumb2/image_zpsibateyaz.jpeg.html][IMG]http://i1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah227/chiliwailer/Thumb2/image_zpsibateyaz.jpeg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://s1381.photobucket.com/user/chiliwailer/media/Thumb2/image_zps4lmizukq.jpeg.html][IMG]http://i1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah227/chiliwailer/Thumb2/image_zps4lmizukq.jpeg[/IMG][/URL]

Edited by Chiliwailer

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1459625591' post='3018221']
Gorgeous. Always found old Thumb fivers to have either dull bubinga or that odd quilty type, this is lovely!
[/quote]

Cheers Kev, As well as missing the tone I'm going to miss it hanging next to my P Bass, lovely contrast! I've always found Thumb's to be unique in every way, gutted the body is too small for me :(

[quote name='andytoad' timestamp='1460215798' post='3023738']
Ah not too far should I chance upon £1400 then! 😀
[/quote]

Check the back of the sofa's pal, be a nice ride on the GTO :)

Feel free to PM if you'd like to chat about the finer details.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I pass through Harrow on my travels and also meander through much of the South of this island for work. So if anyone is interested and want it collected and delivered, feel free to let me know.

I can also do a "cash on collection" and get the money to our bro, Chilliwailer, if you're worried about such things.

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1462812356' post='3045882']
I pass through Harrow on my travels and also meander through much of the South of this island for work. So if anyone is interested and want it collected and delivered, feel free to let me know.

I can also do a "cash on collection" and get the money to our bro, Chilliwailer, if you're worried about such things.
[/quote]

Sincerest of thanks brother, I really am quite taken back by that incredible offer. Unfortunately I'm not in a position to post at the moment so your generosity is very humbly appreciated.

Top man :)

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Chiliwailer' timestamp='1462812766' post='3045888']

Sincerest of thanks brother, I really am quite taken back by that incredible offer. Unfortunately I'm not in a position to post at the moment so your generosity is very humbly appreciated.

Top man :)
[/quote]

Is this south Kent south?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Chiliwailer' timestamp='1466224342' post='3074233']
Despite my original and previous posts, in the past week I've had two more enquirees which involve shipping abroad... I'VE SAID THAT I CAN'T POST!!!

Please, stop doing this to yourselves :)
[/quote]
I'm looking to sell my 5 string Thumb and I can post. So you can refer them to me. :)

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1466226813' post='3074236']

I'm looking to sell my 5 string Thumb and I can post. So you can refer them to me. :)
[/quote]

I just had yet another guy from eBay wanting me to post, I've replied that they should check the BC classifieds :)

When I'm able to send people collect, when I can't send people want it sent ;)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Chiliwailer' timestamp='1465451307' post='3068266']
I've had a lot of PM's regarding posting, like I said though it's just not possible unfortunately. :(

I would have sold it 3 times over if I could post, sorry that it has to be a local sale.
[/quote]

Why not? It's a very simple process with a tiny bit of effort on the sellers part with packaging. I've never got this when I've seen it from sellers like yourself, I even had an EUB delivered to my door with not a hitch... ;)

[quote name='Chiliwailer' timestamp='1459662753' post='3018410']
Cheers Kev, As well as missing the tone I'm going to miss it hanging next to my P Bass, lovely contrast! I've always found Thumb's to be unique in every way, gutted the body is too small for me :(
[/quote]

The body is too small? I don't get that either? :rolleyes:

[quote name='BassTool' timestamp='1466961947' post='3080048']

Why not? It's a very simple process with a tiny bit of effort on the sellers part with packaging. I've never got this when I've seen it from sellers like yourself, I even had an EUB delivered to my door with not a hitch... ;)

The body is too small? I don't get that either? :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Health reasons.