Why become a member? ×

NCD - Today - 13 May

Bobthedog

Well after some research on here, t'internet and direct with the shop... a new Barefaced Big Twin II has been ordered from Alex. I am already getting excited at the thought of plugging it in and playing that open B!

A little gamble but the thirty day return policy gives me the comfort I need. A true 4 ohm 1600 watt cab to work with my 4 ohm 1000 Glock. Hmmmmm!

Are we there yet?

Edited by Bobthedog

[quote name='Raggy' timestamp='1459856130' post='3020247']
Ooh, nice one, would be really interested in hearing your thoughts how it works with the Glock, got me eyes on one of those. :)
[/quote]

[color=#0000cd]Will do. As an aside, Roland Rock is using a BF Cab through the same amp as me and appears very happy.[/color]

[quote name='Bearfist' timestamp='1459857163' post='3020263']
Did the same a couple of days ago :)
[/quote]

[color=#0000cd]I am not alone. Is yours on order, or you do now have it? My delivery date is 9-18 May :-([/color]

• 1 month later...

Nice surprise this morning!

[attachment=219239:IMG_2747.JPG]

First impressions are what a remarkable piece of gear!

The horn control is really smart and its freakishly light too.

Unfortunately i wont be able to try it out with the band for a couple of weeks as our drummers on tour but i have little doubt i'm going to dig it.

[quote name='Bearfist' timestamp='1463134253' post='3048837']
Nice surprise this morning!

[attachment=219239:IMG_2747.JPG]

First impressions are what a remarkable piece of gear!

The horn control is really smart and its freakishly light too.

Unfortunately i wont be able to try it out with the band for a couple of weeks as our drummers on tour but i have little doubt i'm going to dig it.
[/quote]

Snap! Mine arrived today too.

[attachment=219283:BT2.jpg]

Only had 5 minutes play so far but wow! The deeps are deep even my wife commented and she is not into music. There is an improvement in volume but I need to bed it in tomorrow to see if that is as real as it appears. I can't wait to get this big boy run in and warmed up. Five minutes in and already very impressed. Well made, certainly lighter than my RS212 but much bulkier. I will post a full review over the weekend. I already agree with Bearfist, though, the horn control is lovely. I picked out Stressed Out (21 Pilots) as my first chop because of the extensive use of the B string on my Roscoe and gosh can I feel it as well as hear it!

Sooooo looking forward to tomorrow to put it through some thorough testing.

I became a Barefaced owner last night. A nearly new Big Baby 2.

Fortunately my neighbours were out this morning and so I was able to give it a fairly comprehensive try out.

Like Bearfist said a few posts back, "what a remarkable piece of kit" :)