Why become a member? ×

another what strings help :)

Highfox

Been sticking to mainly fretless now :) since I picked up my Ibby Musician.
Blues rock type stuff (who said it can't, shouldn't be done :) )

I just stuck some Daddario[font="verdana, tahoma, arial, helvetica"][size="3"][color="#000000"] [/color][/size][/font][font="verdana, tahoma, arial, helvetica"][size="3"][color="#000000"]ETB92's[/color][/size][/font] on there from the fretless I traded, it sounds nice bit missing a little bit of sparkle and top end. It goes to my luthier tomorrow to get a once over and would like some help on deciding what string to put on there :) Basically stay flat or go round? I have a good selection of both types, but just can't decide what to go for.
Anyone fretless, flat or round preference in a Rock vein?

Edited by Highfox

[quote name='gary mac' timestamp='1459871504' post='3020454']
I've currently got a set of Status Ground wounds on my fretless. Very happy with them, though having said that, I've not heard them at gig volume but at home they sound loverly :)
[/quote]
Thanks Gary.
I had some GHS pressurewounds a while ago on my old fretless, thought I'd get the best of both worlds but they didn't really work out for me.
I have 3 new sets of round :) and half a dozen various sets of flats to choose from lol. Decisions, decisions. I know I can always change but as my luthier is giving it a setup I'd rather try get it right from the start.

Ok bit of an update.
Went with Dunlop Nickel plated 45-100, not too brite and a nice tension for me.
Other work I had done to the bass was replacing the 2 Fender type tuners that were on there when I bought it with some that matched the origionals a bit more.
He put a bit more bow into the neck and adjusted the string radius, plays like a dream now. Just need to work on my intonation now and use my ears and not eyes a bit more :)