Why become a member? ×

Hi from Oxford !

luckydog

If thats his band now, i dunno. He used to be the Cadillacs bassist but from what he told me, Dave sacked him :)

Last time i saw big Simon playing was at Witney Feast and he was in band with Mick the ( brilliant ) mouth harpist

I know Mark who used to be with the Mighty Cadillacs, he is also a member here but I'll let him join in if he wants to rather than naming him and forcing him in :)

Driving Sideways is Mike Crisp's band, and he is a good blues harpist and singer, so probably the same band.

Edited by FinnDave

There's every chance we have been there at the same time, I go at least every other month, had a bit of a break due to my bike accident, but played there 10 days ago. I'm a scruffy looking bugger with long dark hair and an untidy beard, bit like my avatar! Usually go there with Al, my band's guitarist, big guy, dark.

[quote name='fleabag' timestamp='1460131014' post='3022954']
Yes, i was referring to the other Dave, mr Mighty Cadillacs and Nathan is pretty handy too, though a tad manic. I like him though, he's a good bloke

Yup, jammed with them too, though i usually spank the drums if i feel like jamming
[/quote]

You are refering to Nathan "my feet hurt" Smith. I played with The Cads until about ten months ago.

[quote name='FinnDave' timestamp='1460146395' post='3023148']
See you there end of the month, then (if I can get a lift, still medically unfit to drive :( )
[/quote]

If you are very local (which I think you are), I can give you a lift, Dave.

[quote name='cachao' timestamp='1460209040' post='3023658']
You are refering to Nathan "my feet hurt" Smith. I played with The Cads until about ten months ago.
[/quote]

Hah ..never heard that about Nathan. Is that cos he hops about when he's playing ? :)

Edited by fleabag

[quote name='cachao' timestamp='1460209164' post='3023659']
If you are very local (which I think you are), I can give you a lift, Dave.
[/quote]

Thanks for the offer. I'm in Standlake, got a lift from Al, our guitarist, last time as he comes through here on the way from Swindon, and as you know, we usually go there together. He's up this way the Friday before that as we have a gig here in the village.

Hey welcome to BC. I'm from Witney too (live in York now) and in fact I started this very website (previously called bassworld) at Henry Box School (there will be a blue plaque on the gate one day!)

We used to play a few places around Witney, Langdale Hall was good back in the day and Nortons was fun, too. Anyone remember 'The Pit' behind the Hollybush?

[quote name='fleabag' timestamp='1460465149' post='3025922']
Yes ped, we played the The Pit when it was a venue. Once you had 10 people in there it was full up :)
[/quote]

I wonder if you ever played with a band called Kudo? They were some metal outfit from my sixth form and I did 'guest bass' on one song so the bassist could jump around a bit. I remember the band being fascinated that I used more than one string to play the bassline!