Why become a member? ×

Broken Cab just arrived....

moooper

Just received a Eden 210XLT through a courier today. Before I even open the box i noticed the box was a bit dirty (bad sign No1) move the box and something rolled around in the package (bad sign No2) Opened the package its looks perfect but something is really rolling around in there. I open the back up and see carnage

One chassis is ripped off the other cracked all the way around. This must have been dropped from a hell of a height right? The cones look perfect from outside

The first Barefaced cab I ever bought was the first-ever production Big One, many years ago.

The reception ladies at my office watched as a large lorry pulled up outside, the cab was manoeuvred to the back of the lorry, and then simply dropped four feet onto the road.

The bottom was crushed in one corner, the internal crossover was ripped off its mounting, and the whole thing had to go straight back to Alex in Brighton.

Was it Insured?
I had a similar incident with a Schroeder Cab that was sent via Interparcel.
When it arrived there was an ominous rattling around inside the package and one of the magnets had sheared off the driver.
Fortunately it was insured and they paid for a new driver.

Same here - I received a package with my first Schroeder cab in it, the courier had put it down on the floor at the doorstep, got a signature and skidaddled rapid before I picked it up...when I did, something inside went 'thunk' very substantially...opened it up, and the magnet had sheared clean off the back of the basket on one of the 15s... <_<

Edit...Ooooo, same as El Bunny above :)

[quote name='BassBunny' timestamp='1459949668' post='3021156']
Was it Insured?
I had a similar incident with a Schroeder Cab that was sent via Interparcel.
When it arrived there was an ominous rattling around inside the package and one of the magnets had sheared off the driver.
Fortunately it was insured and they paid for a new driver.
[/quote]
Yeah its insured, just hope they don't start messing me around about it. I'm pretty annoyed about it really if i do get the funds back not sure if its even worth trying to repair it or it would cost more than its worth.

Ouchay!

And this is why I personally really don't like sending anything by courier. I'd sooner drive a couple of hours than risk it.

I have however just taken delivery of an old valve head sent through Parcelforce from deepest, darkest Devon that appears to have made it in one piece. This was mainly due to the valves being protected inside with bubble wrap and the fact that it's in a SKB case!

[quote name='Deedee' timestamp='1459952432' post='3021196']

I have however just taken delivery of an old valve head sent through Parcelforce from deepest, darkest Devon that appears to have made it in one piece. This was mainly due to the valves being protected inside with bubble wrap and the fact that it's in a SKB case!
[/quote]

I once shipped a Selmer T&B 50 (1968) to a guy in Sarajevo. Before packing it, I took the back off and removed all the pre-amp and power valves, wrapped each valve individually in an old (but clean!) sock, and then folded all the valve-socks into an old (but clean) T-shirt. The entire T-shirt bundle was then wedged back into the casing alongside the transformer before the back went back on.

The buyer was delighted, and everything worked first time.

Just spoke to Marshall they said the speakers are £90 each not quiet as bad as I thought. But they did say that it really must have been one hell of a bang it took, never heard of anything like it before with this stuff. Just hope the crossover and all the other stuff isn't damaged.

So I'm standing in the shop when this gorilla staggers in and chucks a box clearly covered in 'fragile' tape on the counter with a resounding bang.
'Sbluddy eavy' it grunts - 'yes it would be' I reply, trying not to be annoyed. 'wassinnit?' it asks - 'a 1970 rock and roll amplifier' I reply. Gorilla grunts as I sign for it, and leaves.
Fortunately my 100 Ormat was, fine, but needed a tech due to my buying from a not good 'dealer' - it was filthy inside and out, and needed recapping ('cleaned & serviced' the ad said) - it's now 101%.
If anyone wants to know the 'dealer' feel free to pm (it wasn't packed well, either).........
I hate, loathe and detest couriers.

:unsure:

Reply from courier. So it beings, here we go on this huge stupid game.

[color=#3A0256]After further assessment of the above reference claim, we regret to inform you that your claim was not successful for compensation.[/color]

[color=#3A0256]The packaging used in support of consignment XXXXXXXXX was found to be in sufficient. Item of such nature should be fully wrapped with large bubble wraps, cushioned with foams, polystyrene and boxed in a strong cardboard box. Since the item was not adequately packed unfortunately we had to reject your claim.[/color]

[color=#3A0256]Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.[/color]

However much packaging was used, short of putting it in a box the size of a car to give you a few feet of crumple zone, that damage would have been unavoidable. It takes a huge load to break a woofer frame like that! The courier is 100% at fault. We had two cabs damaged in shipping relatively recently - both shipped on the same day to the same part of the world and both damaged in the same way. I suspect the same individual chucked them off a high loading bay or something. Anyway, we submitted a claim for both and one was accepted and one rejected despite the damage being near identical! We then had to appeal and escalate things higher through our account manager and eventually they agreed to pay out. A huge waste of time!