Why become a member? ×

Joyo Ultimate Drive demo

horrorshowbass

Hi guys,
another quick demo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs7SCF9bHtA&feature=youtu.be

this is a very gainy pedal, hard to tame but some nice sounds to it. I think its a clone of the OCD by Fulltone so can get the Brian Cook "Russian Circles" sort of sound. Not really that super usable for me on a gig except maybe for an Overdrive for The Who songs:)
enjoy
Michael

I like this pedal a lot. I find that the tone control is a 'secret weapon' here, allowing you to get smooth overdrive or really dirty gritty sounds, depending. I have used it a lot in the past for low gain sounds too, with the tone control towards the low end, pretty fat and smooth.

[quote name='horrorshowbass' timestamp='1460032551' post='3021929']
Hi guys,
another quick demo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs7SCF9bHtA&feature=youtu.be

this is a very gainy pedal, hard to tame but some nice sounds to it. I think its a clone of the OCD by Fulltone so can get the Brian Cook "Russian Circles" sort of sound. Not really that super usable for me on a gig except maybe for an Overdrive for The Who songs:)
enjoy
Michael
[/quote]

Nice demo - it certainly works well with that bass. It would be nice to hear a few different settings though. How's it like with the low end?

Edited by Cosmo Valdemar

• 2 weeks later...