Why become a member? ร—

If you could design any pedal...?

lefrash

After seeing a few new bits and bobs on the market, including the tech21 flyrig, it got me thinking. If I could design a pedal to suit my needs what would it be?

And I came up with this: it would be a double switch sized pedal. It would have a sansamp preamp with the same controls as the one on the flyrig but it would be always on. I.e not foot switchable. The first switch would be a fuzz and the 2nd would be an octaver. Fuzz would have a clean blend. It would also have basic compressor (again like on the fly rig) first in the chain, but this could be deactivated with a small slider. Outputs would just be a single 1/4" output but also a parallel di (with cab sim). Oh, and an fx loop placed in between the footswitches and the preamp.

Apart from it probably costing about 800 quid and likely being physically impossible in such a small box, I'm quite happy with my design! ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…

So for a bit of fun, if you could design your own pedal, what would you have? Realistic or fantasy.... Up to you! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

a) The Uprighter. DSP based, it takes fretted bass input and outputs Double bass through to fretless. Being DSP it might even do arco as well as pizz. possible controls: Thump, Air, Woodiness, Growl and ........

B) Sansamp Big 3 Super Deluxe This has VT / Leeds / modern (Ampeg / Hiwatt / clean modern heaven). 3 x SVT, 3 x Leeds and 3 x Modern. Clean modern should run between Acoustic / TE / Markbass and whatever. Controls as per current VT deluxe.

c) Ripout. Again DSP based, sample a bass tone from recorded music, store. Play any bass in, get the stored tone out. A bit like the Line 6 thingy.

[quote name='3below' timestamp='1460069082' post='3022411']
a) The Uprighter. DSP based, it takes fretted bass input and outputs Double bass through to fretless. Being DSP it might even do arco as well as pizz. possible controls: Thump, Air, Woodiness, Growl
[/quote]

I've always wondered why there's not been a bigger demand for such a thing. It even for a thing that simulates different types of fretted bass. Use a p bass and you can choose to sound like a jazz bass, for example.

A filter with an ADSR-style triggered sweep (the filter off the old 24v Bass Micro Synth would be ideal) plus expression control of the stop frequency and OK let's have MIDI CC control on it too, why not.

Or a small MIDI foot controller with a couple of onboard LFOs, say, half a dozen momentary footswitches, all programmable using a scripting language (maybe a Node.js module) so they can do program changes, CCs modulated in various ways, sequenced patterns etc.

I was busy building that based on an Arduino chip last summer but then I bought a knackered house and I haven't unpacked anything since last September. :(

[quote name='AustinArto' timestamp='1460197017' post='3023424']
A filter with an ADSR-style triggered sweep (the filter off the old 24v Bass Micro Synth would be ideal) plus expression control of the stop frequency and OK let's have MIDI CC control on it too, why not.

Or a small MIDI foot controller with a couple of onboard LFOs, say, half a dozen momentary footswitches, all programmable using a scripting language (maybe a Node.js module) so they can do program changes, CCs modulated in various ways, sequenced patterns etc.

I was busy building that based on an Arduino chip last summer but then I bought a knackered house and I haven't unpacked anything since last September. :(
[/quote]

I would buy (or at least GAS over) both of them.