Why become a member? ×

TKS S112 (x2), compact and lightweight cabs + padded covers £285 each or £550 both *** SOLD ***
£600

mcnach

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I got two pairs, yes, two pairs, that's FOUR of these little beauties...[/font]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I thought that a pair of these ultra light and portable and beautiful sounding cabs couldn't possibly be loud enough, so about a week after I got my first pair I had the chance to buy another pair and went for it.[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]As it turns out, four speakers are a LOT of fun, but it really is not necessary as two of them do get a lot louder than their diminutive size suggests and work just fine for me (and 4 of them kind of defeats the purpose of having a portable rig [/font] ;)[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif])... so I'm letting the black pair go.[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Specs:[/font]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Impedance: 8 Ω[/font]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Power handling (high average power test signal): 250 W RMS[/font]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Recommended amplifier power: 150-300 W RMS @ 8 Ω[/font]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Sensitivity[average]: 99 dB SPL @ 1W/1m[/font]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Sensitivity[100Hz]: 98 dB SPL @ 1W/1m[/font]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Sensitivity[max]: 103 dB SPL @ 1,5 kHz, 1W/1m[/font]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Frequency response (-10db): 46 Hz – 4,8 kHz[/font]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Displacement: 237 cm³[/font]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Measurements (WxHxD): 52x38x33 cm[/font]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Weight: 10 kg[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]more info here:[/font]
[url="http://www.bassgear.co.uk/product/tks-engineering-s112/"]http://www.bassgear....gineering-s112/[/url]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]They are very good sounding cabs (in my opinion, which is why I keep one set). They can be used on their side or vertically, as they have feet on both side and bottom.[/font]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]They do not have massive lows when compared to bigger cabs perhaps, although respond well to boosting them at the amp a bit. They have something going on in the low mids that gives them a presence I love. They have lots of definition and sound punchy and full, without getting boomy. I love their sound. I use a Stingray mostly, but also Precisions, and both work really well through a MarkBass LM3 or a Genz Benz Streamliner 900 and these cabs. I actually prefer the LM3.[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]They're extremely light and easy to carry anywhere. I use one of them alone for most rehearsals and as a stage monitor. For rehearsals, placed on the ground, with a band comprising three guitars, drums, trumpet and sax, it was plenty with the LM3 not being pushed hard at all. I used two of them for loud rehearsals (RATM covers band) in a very large room, and they behave beautifully. They'll easily work by themselves without further support in small bars (except in a Motorhead covers band, perhaps [/font] ;)[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]. I've played many gigs using a MarkBass CMD121P combo with an extension speaker, and these will work probably as well, but sound better.[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Anyway, here they are.[/font]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]They are in excellent condition and come with very nicely padded TKS covers.[/font]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]These would cost you £414 each (£369 + £5 extra feet for vertical configuration + £40 cover), so £828 total.[/font]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I'll let them both go for £550.[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Great cabs. I just don't need 4 of them.[/font]

Edited by mcnach

[quote name='FuNkShUi' timestamp='1460444090' post='3025670']
Brilliant cabs.
If someone is from the South and wants to try these out before buying, you'd be welcome to play through my two.
[/quote]

the spirit of BC is well and truly alive :)

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1461096775' post='3031514']
£550 including delivery, for now.
Or £285 each.
[/quote]

It's a tough market at the moment... :(

Great price! I'd have these if I wasn't already happy with my two cabs B)

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1461147451' post='3031789']
It's a tough market at the moment... :(

Great price! I'd have these if I wasn't already happy with my two cabs B)
[/quote]

It is! :)

I'm also happy with 2x S112 and 2x BB2. Either set fits nicely in my boot and sound great. I lean towards the S112 for sound, even if the BB2 is still pretty cool I marginally prefer the S112.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1462785949' post='3045583']
If I were closer to you (happens to me with EVERYTHING I like on the sale forums) I'd be interested in giving these a quick go now my Orange cabs have (almost) gone.
[/quote]

Then buy them! At this fantastic price, even if you don't like them you could sell them on for what you paid... That's what I would do. These cabs are small enough that you could even pop up to Edinburgh on the train and bring them back as hand luggage! :gas:

Just trying to be helpful :)

Edited by Conan

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1462868913' post='3046338']
Then buy them! At this fantastic price, even if you don't like them you could sell them on for what you paid... That's what I would do. These cabs are small enough that you could even pop up to Edinburgh on the train and bring them back as hand luggage! :gas:

Just trying to be helpful :)
[/quote]

Thank you Conan :) Everything you said is, of course, true. But they're no longer for sale as a local bass player took them away last night. :)