Why become a member? ×

SOLD Musicman Stingray 5 'Thru-Neck' SOLD
£1995

lowregisterhead

For sale is a brand new Musicman Stingray 5 'Neck-Through' bass in gloss black, matching finished neck and headstock. It weighs 4.3kg. The accompanying pictures were supplied by the US dealer (Sweetwater) before the bass was shipped to me, and are of the actual bass for sale. The only difference is I've taken the plastic film off the scratchplate.

It comes complete with its fitted MM hard case, still in the shipping carton, and it's never been gigged, only taken out of the house once to do a promo video. Although I should have known this by now, I've been playing 19mm spacing 35" scale basses for too long, and my arthritic gorilla mitts just can't seem to go back, so save yourself a wad and a four-month wait. You're welcome to come and try it out, I'm 10 mins from junction 10 of the M25.

NOW SOLD

Edited by lowregisterhead

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1460148745' post='3023180']
Oh my oh my. That is stunning and I can't believe you're selling it.
What is the string spacing by the way?
I have a feeling the weight of it may be a deciding factor for me though.
[/quote]

Ah, you don't get off that easily, I'm afraid... it's a very manageable 4.3kg. The string spacing is 17.5mm. Interested? Come for a try out.

[quote name='rodney72a' timestamp='1460156343' post='3023251']
Great looking bass - but 3.5 kg (7.7 lbs), are you sure? That would be the lightest Stingray (let alone `Stingray 5!) I've ever heard of...
[/quote]

Sorry, you're quite right - I can't add. Or subtract. I did the 'weigh myself with it and without it and take away' thing on my digital bathroom scales and it's actually 4.3kg. Apologies. Still not bad though!

[quote name='Grand Wazoo' timestamp='1460292352' post='3024370']
You went out of your ways to get it, importing it from the US, you definitely wanted this bass bad. Begs the question why are you selling it so quickly and as you say at a loss?

sorry I had to ask :)
[/quote]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]"I've been playing 19mm spacing 35" scale basses for too long, and my arthritic gorilla mitts just can't seem to go back"[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]There you go :-)[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color]

[quote name='Mudpup' timestamp='1460300833' post='3024450']
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]"I've been playing 19mm spacing 35" scale basses for too long, and my arthritic gorilla mitts just can't seem to go back"[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]There you go :-)[/font][/color]

[/quote]

I couldn't have put it better myself. Oh, hang on... ;)

• 1 month later...

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1463831831' post='3054399']
The Marketplace is a funny old place mate. I would stick with it for a while unless you're desperate to get it gone. It's only been up for just over a month. Some people don't check in here unless they are looking for something in particular. I have to say, if it was a 4, it would have gone already. Being a 5 excludes a percentage right out of the gate. The longer it's here, the longer I can drool at the pictures :-)
[/quote]

Fair comment and good advice, sir. I shall persevere! :D

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1463834974' post='3054442']
Another thing you may wish to consider is this....

I Googled the descriptor you have used in your thread header and Google does capture it, but it only appears on Page 3. In my experience, if people are using a search engine to find something quickly, they rarely get as far as page three before boredom sets in. Given that the correct product name for this bass is a [b]Music Man Stingray 5 Neck Through [/b]and it is [b]For Sale [/b]you may wish to consider getting all those in the header/tags. There's nothing wrong with leaving [b]Thru-Neck [/b]in there as well as it covers all bases (or basses :-). It may make a difference, it may not. Why not give yourself every chance though?
[/quote]

Very useful info, thank you.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I remember thinking, way back when this was first posted, that this won't be here for too long - the only one in the UK, brand spanking new, no waiting time for it to be imported and an absolute stunner.

How wrong I was ([i]happened once before I think[/i] ;) ;)) - really can't understand why this is still here. If I was looking for a 5er (don't play 5ers) MM this would have gone [i]loooong[/i] time ago.

GLWTS...Have a bump

• 2 weeks later...