Why become a member? ×

Alternative halfrounds to Status Hotwires?

solo4652

I've been using the Status Hotwire halfrounds for a while now. I especially like the very smooth feel of them. Quality can be a bit variable, however. Before I order some more, Is there an alternative that feels as ultra-smooth as the Hotwires without sounding dull or mushy? So far, I've tried:

D'Addario ENR72 - Feel too rough for me. In fact, I have a brand new, unused set in the For Sale forum.

Picato 766 - Not bad at all. Good punchy sound, but not quite as smooth as the Status Hotwires.

Status black nylons - Sounded dull and pretty lifeless to me. Also, not as smooth feeling as the Hotwires

Ideally, I'd like something that sounds like roundwounds but feels like the Status Hotwires. Any suggestions? (I have searched older threads here, by the way)

[quote name='davebass66' timestamp='1460206750' post='3023627']
Try the Ernie Ball cobalt flats, they feel like flats but are fairly close to a round wound sound....tend to be a little sticky feeling out the pack, but stay with them and they wear in nicely

Dave
[/quote]I was recommended those by Passinwind but even accounting for import duty and VAT they are a little ( a lot ) expensive.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...