Why become a member? ×

Power Brick Options

gs_triumph

Hi guys,

I am putting together my first pedal board since moving on from multieffects and am now looking for a power solution.

I have a DHA VT2 Ovedrive, 3x EBS pedals plus a tuner.

Most of the lower end power bricks will cope easily with the EBS pedals and the tuner but none seem to have the output required to run the DHA which requires a minimum .5A @ 12v but 1.2A @ 12v is recommended. It's looking like I might buy this (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/391244862919?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT) and continue with the DHA on its own supply

Any suggestions?

Edited by gs_triumph

Which EBS pedals? Not that I've tried any of their digital stuff (e.g. the phaser, reverb and possibly the chorus) but every digital pedal I've ever tried introduces some kind of hiss or clock noise when used on a shared power supply; hence I intend to invest in one with isolated outputs like the OneSpot Truetone CS-7.

The great thing about the CS-7 is that you can exceed the quoted mA outputs I each socket as long as you don't exceed the total treated for the entire supply. Their support have said it's fine to power a 12V 400mA pedal with it even though the 12V output is labelled 200mA for example. This would let you power the DHA and the lot from one brick!

Edited by dannybuoy

It's a chorus (pre-true bypass), compressor and octabass.

Will have a look at the into you suggested.

Edit: That's expensive! Bit beyond my budget for now with having just payed for the pedals. Will keep it in mind for future tho. Good find.

Edited by gs_triumph