Why become a member? ×

Warwick Streamer Jazzman 5 custom shop SOLD
£1000

funkypenguin

Good evening all,

For sale is my 2008 warwick streamer jazzman 5. I'm the second owner of this bass and due to me saving for a deposit for a flat with my other half, i'm having a clearout of gear i don't use that much. This bass has the thicker 2000's neck profile which i've found i don't particularly like (hence i don't play it that often) but other than this its an excellent instrument. I had the preamp changed to an East U-Retro deluxe to match my Warwick 6 string, which cost around £280 including the install (done by Jack Ellis in Manchester).

PRICE REDUCED TO £800

Full specs are as follows

Model: Streamer Jazzman 5
Neck Wood: Ovangkol
Fingerboard Wood: Wenge
Scale Length: 34"
Frets: 24
Body Wood: Swamp Ash
Topwood: Flame Maple
Finish: French Violet
Pickups: MEC MM (coil tap for series, parallel and single coil) and MEC J
Preamp: East U-Retro Deluxe

Custom Options: Saturn inlays and matching headstock. Preamp is aftermarket along with separate battery box. This modification was done by Jack Ellis of Jack's Instrument Services in manchester and is a top quality installation. The bass is currently strung with a fairly fresh set of DR High Beam strings (130-45)

There is some buckle rash along the bottom of the body of the bass from the original owner, as can be seen in the photos.

Bass comes with a fitted aluminium warwick flight case, comfort strapp, manual and warwick servicing kit.

Price is reduced to £800. Cash [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]or bank transfer [/font][/color]only, NO TRADES. Pickup is preferred (i can deliver around the yorkshire area and to some parts of Manchester) but will ship at buyers expense. Shoot me a PM if you need any more information!

Thanks all,

Ben

Edited by funkypenguin

[quote name='GospelGroove' timestamp='1460777309' post='3028675']
Hi Ben,

Could you explain more about the control knobs? Cheers
[/quote]

Sure thing!

The control closest to the bridge is a stacked volume and pickup pan. Moving clockwise you have a passive tone control. Then a stacked mid and mid frequency, then a stacked bass and treble. The switch is a coil tap for the MM pickup, parallel, single coil and series.

There is also a push/pull on the tone roll off to switch to passive mode, and a push pull on the treble pot for a "bright boost".

The passive part of the circuit is also engaged in active mode so the tone rolloff is fantastic for removing some of the brightness without losing the definition.

I'm going to post some recordings of the bass ASAP

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...