Why become a member? ×

Squier VM 70s Jazz: further modified/upgraded
£230

I've now got more basses and guitars than I've got space to keep them, so I’m reluctantly parting with my 70s Vintage Modified Squier Jazz which has been further modified with the addition of a Gotoh 201 bridge, Ki0gon tone circuit with series/parallel push/pull option and DiMarzio ‘Model J’ pickups. Oh, and the chrome knobs replaced with traditional Jazz black plastic ‘lined’ ones. These combined with a proper set-up (‘the usuals’ plus nut adjusted, frets levelled and neck shimmed) have made what was previously a very good instrument into a versatile, low-action belter. It's in good to very good overall nick, but there are a couple of dings on the front and the top edge, plus a couple of screwholes from a generic 'ashtray' (provided, but not currently fitted). The dings actually are pretty well camouflaged by the amber finish: the screwholes perhaps less so, but you could of course hide them with the ashtray! :lol: I've done my best to photograph the blemishes, but they actually probably look worse in the pics than they do in reality. I'm biased of course, but I think it's now quite a classy looking beast! Sounds great too: probably a bit more 'poke' than yer average Jazz with the Model J's, plus the S/P switch gives another tonal option.

Asking [s]£230[/s] NOW £220: no trades thanks. Collection preferred: I'm 5 minutes from M40 J7, about 10 miles east of Oxford.

Cheers,

Tim

[attachment=216768:GetAttachment.aspx.jpeg]

[attachment=216750:DSC_0023.JPG]

[attachment=216752:DSC_0028.JPG]

[attachment=216753:DSC_0025.JPG]

[attachment=216754:DSC_0026.JPG]

[attachment=216755:DSC_0027.JPG]

[attachment=216751:DSC_0024.JPG]

Edited by Can'tthinkofausername

• 2 weeks later...