Why become a member? ×

Fender Jazz American Deluxe 5 - Olympic White 2013 - Sold
£1000

funkyjimbob

Hi,

Price: £950
Trade Price: £1000

This is a 2013 American Deluxe Jazz bass in olympic white. It was made in 2013 and bought from new last year. Comes with Noiseless N3 pickups and a Fender hard-case. Also comes with all original documents and truss rod tool, etc.

Firstly, I will say that the bridge pick-up is having some issues at the moment where it is very thin. The bass is currently in my local bass shop waiting for either Fender to send the replacement noiseless pickup or for it to be repaired. Unfortunately, this may be a few weeks as Fender are taking a while to send the replacement. This will become clear in the next few days but whilst this is in limbo I am willing to let the bass go for around the £950 mark if it sells before the pickup has been sorted. When it is sorted it will be backup to £950. I know bass gallery have this pickup and they were willing to send it to me posted for around the £50 mark so that covers that if a buyer takes it before the pickup is replaced/repaired. The bass itself is actually still in it's 2 year warranty (in it's 2nd year).

The bass itself is in great condition apart from two superficial marks. A bit of paint missing on the body and a small ding by the pickups. I have highlighted these in the photos. This is only superficial though and who wants an un-scarred Fender anyway? :)

Here is a list of the specs:

[b] Features/Specifications:[/b]

[color=#434649][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][b]Body & Bridge:[/b][/size][/font][/color][list]
[*][b]Body Material:[/b] Premium Ash
[*][b]Body Shape:[/b] Jazz Bass
[*][b]Body Finish:[/b] Urethane
[*][b]Bridge:[/b] 4-Saddle High-Mass Vintage (String-Through-Body or Topload)
[/list]
[color=#434649][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][b]Neck & Fingerboard:[/b][/size][/font][/color][list]
[*][b]Neck Material:[/b] Maple
[*][b]Neck Finish:[/b] Gloss Urethane Front, Satin Urethane Back
[*][b]Neck Shape:[/b] Modern "C"
[*][b]Neck Binding:[/b] Bound Fingerboard
[*][b]Scale Length:[/b] 34" (864 mm)
[*][b]Fingerboard:[/b] Maple
[*][b]Frets:[/b] 21 Medium Jumbo
[*][b]Inlays:[/b] Black Pearloid Block
[*][b]Scale Length:[/b] 34" (864mm)
[*][b]Radius:[/b] 9.5" (241mm)
[*][b]Nut Material:[/b] Bone
[*][b]Nut Width:[/b] 1.5" (38.1mm)
[/list]
[color=#434649][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][b]Electronics & Hardware:[/b][/size][/font][/color][list]
[*][b]Pickups:[/b] Noiseless™ N3 Single Coil Jazz Bass®
[*][b]Pickup Configuration:[/b] SS
[*][b]Pickup Switching:[/b] Pan Pot
[*][b]Controls:[/b] Master Volume, Pan Pot (Pickup Selector), Treble Boost/Cut, Midrange Boost/Cut, Bass Boost/Cut, Active/Passive Mini Toggle
[*][b]Special Electronics:[/b] Active/Passive Mini Toggle Switch
[*][b]Hardware Finish:[/b] Chrome
[*][b]Tuning Machines:[/b] Fender® Lightweight Vintage-Style Keys with Tapered Shafts
[*][b]Pickguard:[/b] Black
[*][b]Control Knobs:[/b] Black Plastic
[*][b]Strap Locks:[/b] Schaller® Strap Lock System
[*][b]Strings:[/b] Fender® USA Bass 7250M, NPS (.045-.105 Gauges)
[/list]
[color=#434649][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][b]Unique Features[/b][/size][/font][/color][list]
[*]New N3 Noiseless Pickups
[*]Improved electronics resulting in increased headroom, tighter low-end response
[*]Active/passive toggle switch
[*]Passive tone control for passive mode
[*]Strong-Arm™ string retainer
[*]HMV bridge
[*]Genuine bone nut
[*]Tinted neck
[*]Posiflex™
[*]Graphite Neck Support Rods
[*]5-Bolt Neck Plate
[*]Contoured Heel for Easier Access to Upper Frets
[*]Rolled Fingerboard Edges
[*]Highly Detailed Nut and Fret Work
[*]Flat head screws on battery compartment (for easy changes with a coin or pick)
[*]Black pearl block inlays
[*]Neck binding
[/list]
The bass sounds great and looks great. I have recently had it setup and has brand new strings on it. I am selling unfortunately due to a recent mountain bike purchase!! I am based in Exeter in Devon and can drive to meet a reasonable distance or can have deliver at the buyer's expense. PM me for any further information.

Trade wise I am

Photo's here:

[url="http://imgur.com/a/7t6gL"]http://imgur.com/a/7t6gL[/url]

***UPDATE - 19th April 2016 - Fender are sending the replacement pick-up and this will be arriving in the next few weeks and will be fitted as soon as it does so the bass will be back to full working order.

Edited by funkyjimbob

Apologies for this 'kind-of' bump before the 36 hours but I feel this is important to the sale!

Fender are sending the replacement N3 noiseless bridge pickup and it will be in here in the next 1-2 weeks (it's coming from the USA) so this will be fitted as soon as it arrives so the bass will be back to full working order! I am able to hold for potential buyers until this happens. As time passes I am beginning to change my mind about selling it too so if a sale is not made in the next few weeks I may withdraw it. PM me for information as per normal in the meantime.

Thanks!

Price drop to £950 including delivery. Looking to trade for a fretless mainly but Warwick basses may be of interest too (fretted or unfretted, any number of strings) so hit me up if you have something I may be interested in!

Edited by funkyjimbob