Why become a member? ×

Behringer DDX 3216 Digital desk *Now Sold*
£300

HI all :)

A while ago, I purchased this desk from Monckyman of this very form (a very knowledgable sound engineer in his own right) with the intention of learning how to use digital desks.
Since then, I've come to realise that I'm going to be too busy to have time for this, so I've decided to let it go

It's in good condition and comes with the original box. I'm asking what I paid for it.

I've copied Monckyman's original script below, who said it far more elequently than I could ever hope to do.

Thanks all

Over to Monckyman;

12 mic pre inputs
4 line inputs
4 dedicated monitor auxes with 4 jack outputs
4 dedicated FX auxes with 4 dedicated FX inc reverbs delays etc
4 band parametric EQ on all inputs and outputs inc stereo out.
Gates and compressors on all inputs and aux outs .
Midi control of most functions E.g I used my GT6 rocker pedal to turn the rev up or down.
Save and recall all settings.

That's standard spec, but this desk has an ADAT card fitted which gives you 16 in and out which you can use with the optional ADA 800 pre amps.
I also used it to record and playback 16 tracks from Cubase via an RME adat PCI card which I also have for sale.

The cons are the desk had a bad rep because the capacitors used to sh*t themselves and it was quite an expensive fix, but LO! I only bought this desk because all the capacitors had been professionally upgraded and it hasn't missed a beat in over 60 gigs.
I drove to Cardiff and back in a day because I wanted this desk.
For the spec, there's nothing that can match it, for the price the nearest competitor is the yamaha 01v which has less EQ per chan, less aux and less expandability.
There are lots of cheeky routing options that mean you can rout your auxes back through some input chans and set the EQ and compressors on all your monitor outs.
There are 4 jack outs and a stereo xlr out
With the optional 8 chan ADA preamp you get 8 extra ins and 8 extra outputs so you can route All auxes as monitor outs pre or post fade, or just use 6 and keep two for FX.
No other desk at this price has so many Auxes to play with.
Very versatile desk.
It's rack mounted and I have the rack ears and the original box,a couple of light pipe optical cables and a load of tips and tweaks for this desk.
If you have an ipad I'd be delighted to show you how you can control volume and pan via wifi.
I'll post some pics tomorrow for those who want to see the actual thing in the flesh.
It has some scratches etc, but overall in very good condition.
I'm selling because I recently upgraded to a Soundcraft SI and this has to help pay for it, otherwise I'd keep it as a backup desk.

Edited by essexbasscat

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...