Why become a member? ×

Wide cab for a valve Head

2elliot

I'm looking for a 24" wide neo cab, possibly 410 or 212 for a valve Head. I understand TKS have a 'W' option. Can anyone recommend any other manufacturers.

I'm currently running an Ashdown ABM 115 neo classic 500w flipped on its side. Unfortunately ashdown no longer make this line and finding a second one is proving tricky. It's a great cab too.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Edited by 2elliot

[quote name='Lw.' timestamp='1460814013' post='3029019']
Matamp make a nice 2x12 neo bass cab don't they? And they're known for their chunky tube heads...
[/quote]

Actually there's one for sale in the classifieds on here that was only bumped a couple of weeks ago (no affiliation).

[quote name='Lw.' timestamp='1460814013' post='3029019']
Matamp make a nice 2x12 neo bass cab don't they? And they're known for their chunky tube heads...
[/quote]

Good shout, I'll check that out.

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1460814082' post='3029021']
A Barefaced Compact laid sideways..? The choice is vast, if horizontal is not a problem.
I'll admit to never having understood this 'thing' about amp overhang, but, then again, I play drums..! :D
[/quote]

I've looked at Barefaced, two compacts side on in one box would be cool. One is too low and very similar my current set up.

No over hang, it's against the law in my head. :D

[quote name='skychaserhigh' timestamp='1460817471' post='3029057']
Hartke Hydrive.
[/quote]

Interesting shout, thanks. I'm trying to keep the weight below 30kg, closer to 25kg if poss.... bad back, dodgy shoulders, etc...

[quote name='Lw.' timestamp='1460818529' post='3029066']
Actually there's one for sale in the classifieds on here that was only bumped a couple of weeks ago (no affiliation).
[/quote]

Yes, I noticed that one. Black only for me...

[quote name='2elliot' timestamp='1460811598' post='3028991']

I'm currently running an Ashdown ABM 115 neo classic 500w flipped on its side. Unfortunately ashdown no longer make this line and finding a second one is proving tricky. It's a great cab too.

Any pointers would be appreciated.
[/quote]

Locate the same driver and get the Ashdown cab 'cloned' ? Plan b, Locate a suitable Neo driver e.g. Eminence 3015, Faital Pro, get Ahsown cab cloned with correct ports for the driver?

There appear to be some ABM cabs on the well know internet auction site. Whether these are the right ones is a matter for you.

[quote name='3below' timestamp='1460836740' post='3029280']

Locate the same driver and get the Ashdown cab 'cloned' ? Plan b, Locate a suitable Neo driver e.g. Eminence 3015, Faital Pro, get Ahsown cab cloned with correct ports for the driver?

There appear to be some ABM cabs on the well know internet auction site. Whether these are the right ones is a matter for you.
[/quote]

Not an option I have no interest and no experience of bodging a cab.

2x12 or 4x10 less than 30kg in a one unit lift, manufactured by a professional,that is all I require.

Ta

Cheers

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1460981659' post='3030325']
Try to track down a used Barefaced Vintage?

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/191022-used-a-barefaced-vintage-last-night/
[/quote]

That's interesting. I've not seen one of those before. Is it 2 x 12? How tall is it?

Cheers

[quote name='2elliot' timestamp='1461015865' post='3030760']
That's interesting. I've not seen one of those before. Is it 2 x 12? How tall is it?

Cheers
[/quote]
[quote name='AndrewJordan' timestamp='1461016098' post='3030763']
2 x 15 by the looks?
[/quote]

I can't remember the exact measurements, but yes it is a 2x15 and is "quite tall" :D Taller than a 4x10, but not as tall as two... [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/86815-barefaced-vintage/"]http://basschat.co.u...efaced-vintage/[/url] 24" apparently B)

They were made for Barefaced users who also used valve amps, but as it turned out very few people actually used valve heads with them (I know I didn't!) so they were discontinued and/or morphed into the Super Fifteen, which is not as wide...

Outstanding cabs - and very light (a 2x15 that is a manageable one handed lift?!?!). I only sold mine because I wasn't gigging very often and it was a bit wide and awkward for simply moving in and out of the house and the twisty stairs at the rehearsal room... I'd have it back in a second! :gas:

They do occasionally come up for sale on here ([url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/228811-sold-pending-barefaced-vintage-2x15-silver-cloth/page__p__2362329__hl__barefaced%20vintage__fromsearch__1#entry2362329"]http://basschat.co.u..._1#entry2362329[/url]) but there aren't that many about and most people who own them, love them! :)

Edited by Conan