Why become a member? ×

Alto active PA speakers

Kevin Dean

Hi,

Our band leader/drummer has just bought a vast Alto active PA and another band I play in have also just purchased a simple Alto powered system for smaller gigs.

The big rig we use is based around the Alto Black series and frankly the sound is incredible IMHO. We run 2x12" for monitors/foldback and 4x15" top cabs and then 4 of the 18" subs. Our drummer also used a Roland electric kit and has his own small 1x10" and 1x15" sub mini rig for his drums.

The sound is very tight and clear and very punchy. It is obviously very subjective but I find the kit very focused and ideal for the dance/pop music we play. Some of the older musicians I play with in other bands who have heard it say its a little clinical but then they are used to massive big old Peavey rigs which I find a bit 'boomy'.

The other band I play with use the TS210 and 15 cabs with TS subs and the sound is great for pubs/outdoor, again clear and very focussed without any distortion when pushed.

Overall I find it really good kit, and the little powered cabs make great monitors too. I can't comment on reliability as its all very new but it gets bashed about with the bands and its still looking good and the cabs are tough.

There are tone of brands making similar stuff but the Alto is incredibly good for the money.

Thanks NJE ,
At the moment I have Peavey UL 12 s, a Alto 15" & 2 x 12" alto monitors , I'm happy with the overall sound .but as my back isn't great I'm always looking at going lighter , so I'm looking at swapping the Alto 15" sub for the 12" version & the Alto 12" tops are about half the weight of Peavey .

We've got the ts112A tops and one 15" sub. Very good value for money and perfectly fine for the pub covers band. Loud enough, clear sound and pretty light. We bought 4 tops and use 2 as monitors so we can swap out if there's a problem. Yes, the very expensive Yamaha or RCF etc etc will very probably be better but they're also a LOT more expensive.