Why become a member? ×

Fender Rumble Combo Crap Logo Solution

discreet

This is what discreet did with the old badge.
[URL=http://s330.photobucket.com/user/Twincam2008/media/image_zpshiby7t5v.png.html][IMG]http://i330.photobucket.com/albums/l415/Twincam2008/image_zpshiby7t5v.png[/IMG][/URL]

Edited by Twincam

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1461152158' post='3031882'] I think yellow staples indicates that the wood the cab is made of is diseased. [/quote]

Has anyone notified the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development? Clearly the cab needs to be burnt to protect our forests from the spread of this disease, and some kind of quarantine area set up around chez Discreet. Biohazard suits will be required.

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1461148221' post='3031804'] No I'm worried. [/quote]

We're all worried.

[quote name='Marc S' timestamp='1461161730' post='3032016']
The new badge does look better. But I'm afraid you have invalidated the warranty! ;)
[/quote]

Ha! You can be sure that if the combo goes tits-up any time soon, the old crappy badge will be back on there before you can say 'Made in China? Nothing wrong with that if the design and quality control are good!' :rolleyes:

Edited by discreet

[quote name='JapanAxe' timestamp='1461170121' post='3032157']
I am worried that the new badge is too upmarket for what is, after all, a workaday combo.
[/quote]

Holy crap! I didn't think a new Fender badge would generate so much anxiety! At least it's actually on a Fender product! :D In fact, it's the only genuine USA Fender part on the whole combo! Just think what would have happened if I'd stuck a Phil Jones badge on there instead! Bloody hell! :unsure:

Edited by discreet

....and the question most unasked - why did you not put a TKS badge on it? :gas:

PS - I was gonna say Barefaced, but I designed that logo years ago and I understand it's not for everyone. I don't mind it, but I'd do it differently now, esp for the more vintage looking cabs. Alex, give me a shout if you want a retro design badge. Same cost as last ones, i.e. nowt.

D.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1461170352' post='3032161']
Holy crap! I didn't think a new Fender badge would generate so much anxiety! At least it's actually on a Fender product! :D In fact, it's the only genuine USA Fender part on the whole combo! Just think what would have happened if I'd stuck a Phil Jones badge on there instead! Bloody hell! :unsure:
[/quote]

You should have put a Squier badge on it, squire.

[quote name='deksawyer' timestamp='1461178332' post='3032259']
I was gonna say Barefaced, but I designed that logo years ago and I understand it's not for everyone.
[/quote]

That was really your design? I'm firmly in the 'don't mind it' camp. :)

[quote name='deksawyer' timestamp='1461178332' post='3032259']
....and the question most unasked - why did you not put a TKS badge on it? :gas:

PS - I was gonna say Barefaced, but I designed that logo years ago and I understand it's not for everyone. I don't mind it, but I'd do it differently now, esp for the more vintage looking cabs. Alex, give me a shout if you want a retro design badge. Same cost as last ones, i.e. nowt.

D.
[/quote]

I personally like the logo very much. Well done, Deek! :)

Looks like I'm against the tide but I actually prefer the design of the original badge. I certainly won't be rushing out to swap the one on my recently acquired rumble 100. It's just a badge. The plate on my Trace combo is scratched to hell but I'm not replacing that either.

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1461238070' post='3032715']
Looks like I'm against the tide but I actually prefer the design of the original badge. I certainly won't be rushing out to swap the one on my recently acquired rumble 100. It's just a badge. The plate on my Trace combo is scratched to hell but I'm not replacing that either.
[/quote]

You're quite right of course, my main worry was that the original badge, not being mounted on a backplate, would very easily get damaged in the normal course of gigging. Which of itself is no biggie, as it doesn't affect the operation of the amp in the least. It's an OCD issue more than anything. First World Problem!

Edited by discreet

[quote name='Bass Fumbler' timestamp='1461239052' post='3032741']
I have a Rumble 12" cab and my badge has snapped and been superglued back together, it's not a good design!
[/quote]

Ha! I knew it! Thanks for the info. :)

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1461239079' post='3032743']
I'll give you two quid for the one you don't like. You won't have it on your conscience and I'll have a back up when mine snaps off. Win-win ;)
[/quote]

But I might need it to re-validate the warranty if my Rumble goes tits-up...

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1461239135' post='3032746']
With the extra weight of the badge does the cab now tip forward when you pick it up?
[/quote]

Yes. Yes, it does. :(

Edited by discreet