Why become a member? ×

Fender Rumble Combo Crap Logo Solution

discreet

[b]Fender Rumble Combo Crap Logo Solution[/b]

I'm very impressed with my Fender Rumble 500 Combo in almost every way. EXCEPT for the really very crappy, flimsy, badly-designed, cheap and nasty plastic logo Fender fitted with two screws to save themselves a shilling on each amp. It's only a matter of time before this abomination gets snapped off in normal use.

OCD being what it is, I couldn't let it lie - so imported from the USA this rather nice Fender Blackface Amp logo, which is metal, weighty and very lovely, the whole on a sensible and practical 3-screw backplate. Makes all the difference and now all is calm and good. Yes, I have too much time on my hands. I thank you.

Before: Terrible plastic Chinese flimsiness.

After: Lovely sturdy metal USA goodness.

Edited by discreet

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1461148044' post='3031801']
Is it just fixed to the cloth? Will the weight not pull it and crease it up?
[/quote]

No, there is a triangle of wood behind the logo onto which it is firmly secured. Worry not!

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1461148221' post='3031804']
No I'm worried. Is the triangle fixed to the cab? Does this mean you can't remove the grill cloth?
[/quote]

The triangle is part of the cloth frame which is fixed to the cab with a LOT of velcro. It's not going anywhere. Please don't make me take another photograph...

Edited by discreet

I wouldn't remove the grill cloth for recording, but I could if I wanted to. The triangular piece of wood is part of the frame to which is fitted the sparkly cloth... the whole being fixed to the cab with Velcro. All I've done is remove one logo and fitted another! Thppp! :P

You can get some staples from Staples.
[url="http://www.staples.co.uk/26-6-staples/cbs/412849.html?promoCode=200200556&Effort_Code=WW&Find_Number=412849"]http://www.staples.co.uk/26-6-staples/cbs/412849.html?promoCode=200200556&Effort_Code=WW&Find_Number=412849[/url]