Why become a member? ×

GB Rumour 5 string bass SOLD pending the usual
£1950

Ian Davies

[font=Verdana][size=3][b]GB Rumour 5 string bass FS[/b][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=3]It’s been a very difficult decision but I’ve decided to sell my Bernie Goodfellow 5 string Rumour bass. This bass was built for me by Bernie in 2011 and has been very well looked after. Most of the time it’s been used for recording at my home studio (clean, no pets or smoke) and has had only occasional use outside of that. I was doing a lot of recording and I had about 6 other basses but the GB Rumour was the one I kept using. The sound is really amazing; clear, articulate and has a wonderful depth to the tone. The electronics are very powerful and at the same time immensely musical. Craftsmanship of the bass is, as always with Bernie, top notch. The reason for the sale is that times have moved on and so have my needs (and wants). I prefer the simplicity of 4 string basses and particularly fretless these days.[/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=3]details:[/size][/font][list]
[*]walnut body
[*]stunning claro walnut top
[*]34” scale
[*]wooden tuning pegs
[*]macassar ebony fingerboard
[*]maple and purple heart neck
[*]ebony ramp between the pickups (removable)
[*]perfect balance
[*]weight is about 4.5 kg (bit difficult to be exact on my bathroom scales) because of the fantastic ergonomics and balance you don’t feel the weight too much and it really adds to the tone!
[/list]
[font=Verdana][size=3]The bass comes with the original GB Hiscox hard case.[/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=3]On the GB website cost calculator a similar 5 string Rumour bass now would cost around £3625 - but high quality wood facing (as on my bass) cost extra, so the true cost would be in excess of this.[/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=3][b]£1950[/b], sorry no trades[/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=3]Buyer to pay the shipping cost or you’re very welcome to collect the bass from Dorchester.[/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=3]Thanks for looking :)[/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=3][attachment=217383:Rumour body 1.jpg][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=3][attachment=217384:Rumour body 2.jpg][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=3][attachment=217385:GB Rumour 4.jpg][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=3][attachment=217386:GB Rumour 1.jpg][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=3][attachment=217387:GB Rumour 2.jpg][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=3][attachment=217388:GB Rumour 3.jpg][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=3][attachment=217389:Rumour in case 2.jpg][/size][/font]

Edited by Ian Davies

• 2 weeks later...

I'm arranging a visit from your local Community Mental Health team - you'd have to be mad to sell this!!

I have the 4 string version which I keep under lock and key - really should play it more but it such a beautiful bass and plays so well I'm scared I'll ruin it somehow.

If you have one of these you'll want one of these..

[URL=http://s1167.photobucket.com/user/FairfaxAikman/media/GBlogopurple_zpsycepi0iy.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q639/FairfaxAikman/GBlogopurple_zpsycepi0iy.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

See the affiliates thread.

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1462559728' post='3044090']
If you have one of these you'll want one of these..

[url="http://s1167.photobucket.com/user/FairfaxAikman/media/GBlogopurple_zpsycepi0iy.jpg.html"][/url]

See the affiliates thread.
[/quote]

That's pretty cool

[quote name='Torbass' timestamp='1462555736' post='3044052']
Hi Ian
this is what I've been dreaming about! Sent you a PM at face :)
[/quote]

Hi
Would you be so kind as to re-send the PM as it doesn't seemed to have reached me.
Thanks

[quote name='Ian Davies' timestamp='1462560613' post='3044093']

Hi
Would you be so kind as to re-send the PM as it doesn't seemed to have reached me.
Thanks
[/quote]

I've just sent Tor a message elsewhere, he's a friend of mine and signed up specifically for this bass so he may not be able to use it yet ;-)