Why become a member? ×

Barefaced 4x10 announced!

LewisK1975

[quote name='lowhand_mike' timestamp='1461871414' post='3038440']
...a 4x10 that works effectively gives me the horn.
[/quote]
[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1461872586' post='3038449']
That's handy, because the Barefaced 410 doesn't have one.
[/quote]
Badum-tish..!

Looks cool & good luck with it , but weight is the issue for me & my 2 x super compacts are the best I've had . I had a very good slap style player try my rig he made it sound just like His old 2 x 4x10 trace cabs ..& all the other 4x10 rigs He's had . Ashdown ABM & Barefaced super compacts make a very versatile rig .

[quote name='GCYPbass' timestamp='1463149404' post='3049089']
Anybody could contact someone from BF lately? Its been some time that I am trying to reach them via email but got no reply. Are they on holiday?
[/quote]

I got a reply yesterday :) might have had a early Friday...

Mine's 8ohm, 2ohm no good to me so I'm hoping the new generation speakers will make good the difference between the 4ohm Dubster and the Four10. I can switch the Terror to 8ohm impedance if I have to obviously but not the OB1.

Edited by doomed

Here's a picture of mine at practice last weekend, it's not very big 😁, volume in spades not as crushingly low end as the Dubster but the speakers will no doubt loosen up a bit after a few hours.

Edited by doomed

[quote name='doomed' timestamp='1463670967' post='3053271']
Here's a picture of mine at practice last weekend, it's not very big , volume in spades not as crushingly low end as the Dubster but the speakers will no doubt loosen up a bit after a few hours.
[/quote]

Exactly the setup I would go with right there...

How's the Terror/Four10 combination?

[quote name='Bigwan' timestamp='1463671599' post='3053275']

Exactly the setup I would go with right there...

How's the Terror/Four10 combination?
[/quote]

It'll do the job, we're playing in drop B so tbh I wasn't expecting it to compete with the Dubster for all out low end, as I said I expect it'll get a little deeper as the speakers loosen up, no worries on the volume front with the Terror, I haven't tried the OB1 yet, more mids and highs obviously than the Dubster and a nice growl was easily found, I imagine it'll be a popular addition to the Barefaced range, not everyone will like it as with any cab but I think there will be more likers than haters. And the finish is impeccable.

Edited by doomed

My current project is tuned Drop-A just because the guitar player has got himself a new 7 string, much to my annoyance, so that's useful info Doomed. A Big Twin 2 (rather than a Four10 or a second Two10) may be the best purchase if it ever gets off the ground.

Has anyone tried it next to an Ampeg fridge? Be interested to see how it faired there!

[quote name='Bigwan' timestamp='1463682554' post='3053381']
Has anyone tried it next to an Ampeg fridge? Be interested to see how it faired there!
[/quote]

Not quite, but twice I've played through an Ampeg SVT + Fridge, and both times wished I had my Terror 500, Super Compact + RetroTWO10...

Update, gigged the Four10 last night and had a bit of a tweak with the amp eq, bigger lows and ample volume were forthcoming, also heard it from out in the room as I lent it to a mate who played after and it sounded great from various points in the room, the headline bands bassist was using an svt pro and a couple of Zilla cabs but he commented on my sound and said "what the f@@# is in that Barefaced it sounds awesome". She's a keeper.

[quote name='doomed' timestamp='1463825974' post='3054317']
Update, gigged the Four10 last night and had a bit of a tweak with the amp eq, bigger lows and ample volume were forthcoming, also heard it from out in the room as I lent it to a mate who played after and it sounded great from various points in the room, the headline bands bassist was using an svt pro and a couple of Zilla cabs but he commented on my sound and said "what the f@@# is in that Barefaced it sounds awesome". She's a keeper.
[/quote]

dragonffli?

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a nearly-new BH800 to replace my ABM500 (thanks traders!), and so now I can tell you that the new amp/cab combination is AWESOME! Much cleaner sound than the ABM, punchier too.

Can't wait for rehearsal tomorrow to test the additional headroom. My rig has gotten smaller and smaller but the sound is just the opposite.
JC

[quote name='Prime_BASS' timestamp='1465158143' post='3065743']
Anyone in or around Nottingham have one of these for me to have a go with?
[/quote]
BF have done a very smart thing and created a web page for this exact question:
[url="http://barefacedbass.com/barefaced-map.htm"]http://barefacedbass.com/barefaced-map.htm[/url]

Unfortunately there are no four10 owners showing because it's not on the form you fill out as a proud owner (yet). Otherwise I would have done it already! Come on Alex - sort it out!!

Any time you find yourself in Hampshire come and try mine.