Why become a member? ×

Barefaced 4x10 announced!

LewisK1975

[quote name='taunton-hobbit' timestamp='1461169902' post='3032153']
I'm not selling my Dubsters anytime soon...........

:yarr:
[/quote]

Where are you playing? I find one Dubster is enough for most demolition work :gas: (though in moments of power crazed madness I keep thinking is a 700W amp enough?)

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]On another line of enquiry, "[/font][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"][color="#000000"]Four10 - only 30 years late to the party!", I make it 45 years late to the party, although not like for like the Fender Bassman 10 4 x 10 50W (later 70W) bass combo appeared in 1972 - 1982. From my ownership of two BF cabs I suspect the BF 4x10 is in a different performance league.[/color][/font]

[quote name='goonerjoe' timestamp='1461181970' post='3032299']
Very temped by this to pair with my CTM100... shame i've just bought an Ampeg 410hlf.
[/quote]
I had the privilege of being down in Barefaced HQ this afternoon discussing this very cab with Alex, along with a LOT of other bass related stuff! Alex himself said he's hoping that more valve head users will be drawn to the Barefaced range with this 410 release and that for now is a CRAZY price!

Those guys and gals at barefaced are extremely welcoming, and friendly, and they know their stuff! As things happen, I may have a Big Baby coming my way ASAP! ;) Just a shame my living and car arrangements won't allow for a Big Twin!

I'd be very interested if it was available as 4 ohm 😟

My valve amp will go to 2, but my other amps (like many) only go to 4 and I wouldn't want to have different cabs for different heads. As a one cab solution, I think BF may have a limited market of players who'll go for it because of this.

[quote name='Deedee' timestamp='1461191897' post='3032416']

My valve amp will go to 2, but my other amps (like many) only go to 4 and I wouldn't want to have different cabs for different heads. As a one cab solution, I think BF may have a limited market of players who'll go for it because of this.
[/quote]
I'm sure it would be plenty loud at 8 ohms

[quote name='Beer of the Bass' timestamp='1461190568' post='3032398']
Interesting that they're offering it in a 2 ohm version - they must be going for the SVT users as I can't think of any other reason to do that.
[/quote]

Also not many other Barefaced cabs are wide enough for a proper all-valve amp.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1461167058' post='3032106']
You could always do what I did once and hide a cab in plain view under a tablecloth and a lamp. Though to be honest, it is a little tricky logistics-wise when you have to get the thing out of the room and into the car for a gig...
[/quote]

I used to keep half a Norton Commando under a tablecloth as our landlord didn't allow such things.

Poor dispersion and running out of lows at volume are not something that equates with Barefaced. I have two One10 cabs which I am putting 800 watts (clean) into. Although I can't be a***d with rock music any longer, I could play any rock gig with this. I can only guess the 4x10 will be a total monster.

[/quote]

Yep, call me old fashioned but I'd much prefer a one-stop 4ohm cab (or 2 2x10's at 8ohms each).

While very nice and probably very good sounding the idea of a lightweight 410 eludes me. The bulky shape of a 410 making it a drag to drag around.

I mean the BT2 is slimmer, higher, has casters and a top handle. You can wheel it around using one hand and carrying it up the stairs is easy since the cab is slim.

Not interested in any 10" cabs ever again tbh.

[quote name='indiegrungesound' timestamp='1461169564' post='3032146']
I am VERY tempted by this piece of kit! I'd like to know if it could work as a 4 ohm/one cab set up though!
[/quote]

Looks like its only available as 8 ohm or 2 ohm. I ordered one anyway! What have I done?

[/quote]

It won't make much difference between 4 and 8, really.