Why become a member? ×

Barefaced 4x10 announced!

LewisK1975

I had to stop myself hitting the buy stuff. Just stupidly tempting but I don't need it, I don't need it, I don't need it, I don't need it.
Fabulous price for the first few.
Terrific weight for a 410
Just yummy :gas:

Now watch the ads for smaller BF's coming up :P

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1461166211' post='3032082']
I had to stop myself hitting the buy stuff. Just stupidly tempting but I don't need it, I don't need it, I don't need it, I don't need it.
[/quote]

But Karl, when are you going to get another at this price?? Never, that's when. :)

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1461166211' post='3032082']
Fabulous price for the first few.
Terrific weight for a 410
Just yummy :gas:

Now watch the ads for smaller BF's coming up :P
[/quote]

Yeah - Damn my stupid super compacts. :rolleyes:

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1461166412' post='3032087']
I don't ******* need it!!!!!!!! :shok:
[/quote]

Look on it as an investment. It's going to go ballistic, so even if you don't get on with it you certainly won't lose money on it.
Is this helping you make a decision?? :lol:

Two-foot square, it's quite petite... thirteen inches deep is actually quite shallow isn't it?

Edited by discreet

[quote name='FinnDave' timestamp='1461166701' post='3032095']
I got the email as well...but I could only get one if I sold my Super Twin, and that really ain't going to happen. Life can be so cruel :(
[/quote]

I'm not feeling compelled to get one. Cab-wise I want to go smaller, not bigger. Your Super Twin is 6kg lighter, anyway.

Edited by discreet

[quote name='FinnDave' timestamp='1461166701' post='3032095']
I got the email as well...but I could only get one if I sold my Super Twin, and that really ain't going to happen. Life can be so cruel :(
[/quote]

i've just checked and I've got mail. I'm in the same boat as you.

However, If I get two of them, and bring out my Duff- a -like '89 Jazz Bass Special and dye my wig, I can roll back the years. :P

And possibly lift them :mellow:

More importantly, my Super Twin just fits in the Super Twin sized space I have in our lounge. A 4x10 would need more room, and the only way to achieve that would mean getting rid of a bass or two, and that's also unthinkable.

[quote name='FinnDave' timestamp='1461166933' post='3032104']
More importantly, my Super Twin just fits in the Super Twin sized space I have in our lounge. A 4x10 would need more room, and the only way to achieve that would mean getting rid of a bass or two, and that's also unthinkable.
[/quote]

You could always do what I did once and hide a cab in plain view under a tablecloth and a lamp. Though to be honest, it is a little tricky logistics-wise when you have to get the thing out of the room and into the car for a gig...

So..after years of being told a 410 is no good and unnecessary Barefaced announces ....a 410 !! Progress indeed...
Now everyone will be saying how great a 410 is for bass...just like the old days !!
Thing is , this is the first Barefaced cab i like the look of and could actually see myself using..time will tell !
P.S. I'll keep my eye on the For Sale section..... ;)

Edited by skychaserhigh

[quote name='skychaserhigh' timestamp='1461167923' post='3032113']
So..after years of being told a 410 is no good and unnecessary Barefaced announces ....a 410 !! Progress indeed...
[/quote]

To be fair that was partly due to poor dispersion and having the lows run out of steam at high volume, known 410 issues that BF claim to have sorted. However, as I'm not a trained speaker guy, I don't feel it would be right to devote any more time to it here. Particularly as I'm not going to be buying one... :rolleyes:

Edited by discreet