Why become a member? ×

Bass Head instead of TC BH500

isteen

I am currently using a TC Electronic BH500 and a Warwick WCA 611 cab. I am not satisfied with the sound, it's not "full and fat" enough to my taste. I have been thinking of replacing the Head, maybe a Hartke LH500 would be a good choice, what do you think about it - or do you have other suggestions in that price range?
The cab might be replaced with a single Warwick 115 Pro. Thought and suggestions would be very welcome

Yes, that´s a big ass cab. Actually my EBS 15" cab plays just as good (and since I'm currently trading my Warwick 4x10 with a Warwick 1x15 I might just use that).
I don't need anything big and heavy, small packages with a warm fat sound is just up my alley.

I've got a BH550 and I really like it
However, after hearing an Orange Terror 500, one came up for sale, so I tried it out.... and bought it
It all depends on what bass you're using, and what sort of sound you're after, of course

I'm in several quite different bands, and also play a bit of DB.
For most of the stuff I do, I can now see me using the Orange. I'm using it with a PJ Precision or Jazz, and it delivers nice warm tones
Good luck with your search, and let us know what you find

Edited by Marc S

[quote name='indiegrungesound' timestamp='1461330932' post='3033772']
I'm surprised the BH500 isn't doing it for you
[/quote]

Right now I am switching from 10" speakers to 15", maybe that will do something good for my tone

[quote name='isteen' timestamp='1461339290' post='3033864']

Right now I am switching from 10" speakers to 15", maybe that will do something good for my tone
[/quote]
Interesting point! My cab set up is 2 1x12" cabs with the tweeters off. The Spectracomp is dialled to 6; The gain doesn't go above 4 and the TubeTone is dialled to 5. I also cut the Treble slightly and slightly boost the Lo Mids. Oh, and my bass has an EQ which I cut the treble on too!
Don't know if that helps, but I hope it does!

[quote name='Marc S' timestamp='1461334394' post='3033810']
I've got a BH550 and I really like it
However, after hearing an Orange Terror 500, one came up for sale, so I tried it out.... and bought it
It all depends on what bass you're using, and what sort of sound you're after, of course

I'm in several quite different bands, and also play a bit of DB.
For most of the stuff I do, I can now see me using the Orange. I'm using it with a PJ Precision or Jazz, and it delivers nice warm tones
Good luck with your search, and let us know what you find
[/quote]
The Terror Bass heads are cool too! I'd have got one myself but for the fact that, in order to use, it I have to have my whole rig set permanently. I don't really gig with it that often to justify it or for it to be practical!

[quote name='indiegrungesound' timestamp='1461342891' post='3033904']

Interesting point! My cab set up is 2 1x12" cabs with the tweeters off. The Spectracomp is dialled to 6; The gain doesn't go above 4 and the TubeTone is dialled to 5. I also cut the Treble slightly and slightly boost the Lo Mids. Oh, and my bass has an EQ which I cut the treble on too!
Don't know if that helps, but I hope it does!
[/quote]

I'll try those settings next time I get near that amp. Thanks for your info